Why become a member? ×

Desperately needing dep singer S. Wales

P-T-P

I'll cut to the chase, our singer's wife is about to have a baby and that has forced his hand into pulling out of the following gigs...

19th December - Abergavenny
29th December - Ebbw Vale
31st December - Blackwood

At a stretch, we can maybe do them as a three piece but we tried that on Saturday just gone and our guitarist didn't cope overly well with things and I can't sing enough of the songs to be able to do most of the singing.

There's £400 for any male singer who can step in at short notice, ideally with one rehearsal before this Friday and if you're coming from a distance then there's a bed for you too.

Song list is here [url="http://www.thick-as-thieves.co.uk/thick_as_thieves_wedding_function_band_song_list.html"]http://www.thick-as-thieves.co.uk/thick_as..._song_list.html[/url] and most of them are in copy key.

Whoever it is would need to be experienced as a singer and be able to stay the pace for a total of up to 2.5 hours (with a break) and they'll need to get in touch with me, ideally today. This is not a gig for someone who's just fancies trying their hand at singing.

My number is 07515 929935 my e-mail pete at peteward dot co dot uk

If you are up for it, please get in touch or if you know someone who might, please put them in touch with me.

Thanks.

Edited by P-T-P

That's bad news Pete! Our singer's busy with us on 2 of those nights otherwise I'd suggest it to him.. Will have a think to see if there's anyone I know of that could fit the bill.

Just sorry I can't be of more help...

P.S. that's some set list by the way....

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='355916' date='Dec 16 2008, 01:26 PM']That's bad news Pete! Our singer's busy with us on 2 of those nights otherwise I'd suggest it to him.. Will have a think to see if there's anyone I know of that could fit the bill.

Just sorry I can't be of more help...

P.S. that's some set list by the way....[/quote]

There's about another dozen or so to add to that too, though some of those on there need to come off really as we don't do them any more.

What night's your singer free, if it's Friday coming or NYE (doubtful) could probably make it worth his while.

Pete

[quote name='P-T-P' post='355923' date='Dec 16 2008, 01:31 PM']There's about another dozen or so to add to that too, though some of those on there need to come off really as we don't do them any more.

What night's your singer free, if it's Friday coming or NYE (doubtful) could probably make it worth his while.

Pete[/quote]

He's gigging with us on the 19th and the 31st - sorry!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='356165' date='Dec 16 2008, 04:55 PM']He's gigging with us on the 19th and the 31st - sorry![/quote]

D'oh

[quote name='OldGit' post='356220' date='Dec 16 2008, 05:40 PM']I'm passing your note around the people I know in Bristol and S Wales...

How about depping in a bass player and you doing the singing? Would that work?
May be easier to find a dep bassist than a front man who can learn your style etc..[/quote]

Thanks Si.

I'd love to think I could do it but I can't sing enough of the tunes in the current keys, if I could, wouldn't be so much of a problem as I'm generally okay with singing and playing once I've got my head around it.

If anyone surfaces that'd be fab but agents have given us until the morning to find someone or they'll give gigs to another act (which may be for the best anyway.

Cheers,
Pete

[quote name='P-T-P' post='356274' date='Dec 16 2008, 06:42 PM']D'oh

Thanks Si.

I'd love to think I could do it but I can't sing enough of the tunes in the current keys, if I could, wouldn't be so much of a problem as I'm generally okay with singing and playing once I've got my head around it.

If anyone surfaces that'd be fab but agents have given us until the morning to find someone or they'll give gigs to another act (which may be for the best anyway.

Cheers,
Pete[/quote]

emailed some phone numbers ..........

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='357332' date='Dec 17 2008, 09:05 PM']Any luck Pete??[/quote]

Not yet, though one of the contacts Si supplied has got back to me so hopeful still. Had to pull this Friday's gig though.

[quote name='anti-barbie' post='357506' date='Dec 18 2008, 01:54 AM']Just out of interest why male? As far as i can see your songlist could just as easily be sung by a woman[/quote]

Mainly because we have been booked as a four piece, male vocal band so while it may be possible for a woman to sing many of those songs, it wouldn't be what the clients have booked.