Why become a member? ×

OLP Tony Levin Active 5 String

benebass

Hi - having a bit of a clearout so my Tony Levin bass is up for grabs. It's the maple-necked version with the flamed maple top & a 3 band active EQ. Currently strung with Thomastik flatwounds to give it a lovely warm tone, it was recently set up by Howard Satterley who used to run Howard's Bass Place in Newcastle upon Tyne - he's given it a really nice low action & a much more expensive feel than you'd expect for a Chinese MusicMan copy.

I'd like to find it a good home & am after £150 - it cost me £275 new + strings, set up & Warwick gig bag - I've only ever used it in the house. There are a couple of dings on the back of the body (see pics), but it looks pretty much as new from the front.

I'm based in the north east & would prefer a collection if possible as there's no hard case. Let me know if you want any more info.

Cheers,

B.

P.S. If there's anyone in the north who needs any bass work doing, I can put you in touch with Howard - he's still doing stuff from home & he usually does a great job!

P.P.S. Edited for typos.

[attachment=17245:OLP01.JPG][attachment=17246:OLP02.JPG][attachment=17247:OLP03.JPG]
[attachment=17248:OLP04.JPG][attachment=17249:OLP05.JPG][attachment=17250:OLP06.JPG]

Edited by bentdice

hmmm im wanting one of these.
i will get back to you shortly if i will buy it or not.
is it possible for it to be sent by courier though?
where exactly are you in the north-east? i am in the north west and cant really travel far.

thanks,
dan

Edited by shinhoman