Why become a member? ×

Galveston 7 string bass for sale

Finbar

Selling this on behalf of my guitarist. I can vouch for him as a sound guy and a safe seller, so don't worry that this item isn't being sold by me. He didn't want to sign up just to sell this though, so here's his spiel:

"I'm selling my 7 string bass I got a few years ago.

It's in great condition, no scratches or dents to speak of. Never gigged with it (I don't really play bass :)).

This is an active/passive bass, meaning it can be run as a passive bass or active, the controls on the bass are:

>Master volume (push/pull knob to activate active circuit)
>3 way pick-up selector kno
>Active pickup controls (Bass, middle and treble)

This bass sounds and plays really nicely, I set it up when I got it to have pretty low action so I could do/attempt some tap bass. I'll throw in a bass gig bag with it also for no extra cost.

This bass is quite unusual for a 7 string bass as its strung up with 2 extra lows and 1 extra high, usually 7 string basses have 1 extra low and 2 extra high. This bass is tuned F#,B,E,A,D,G,C.

I'm willing to let this go for £275, but am willing to take offers on it. Haggle with me :huh:

It cost me £400 new about 2 years ago.

PM me if you're interested."

PM me if you're interested - I'll pass on his email address.

Ta ducks!

I'm not sure what the spacing is - but I'd say with these things the tighter the spacing the better, especially at the nut. The Conklin I have now has a much larger string spacing at the nut than my old Conklin or my Shuker, and it makes it a lot harder to play IMO.

I haven't had a go on it since he's got it in working order - the F# was buggered on it for some reason at that point. But I'd say if you're used to that Conklin GTBD-7 profile, its definitely chunkier, and it weighs more. From what I can remember (not given it a go in a long time), I'd say that the sound is 'phatter' than the Conklin, but I don't think it goes quite as delicate sounding. Again, I never really gave it much of a play though, so I wouldn't really want to be quick to judge in that regard. How you getting on with that Conklin anyway? :)

I'm really digging the Conklin, its definitely my number 1 bass at this point. I need to work on using the top two strings more and it is cripplingly heavy to play for a long time.... but it sounds amazing. I've just scored a cheap fretless 5 in the past few weeks though and wouldn't it be awesome to have the matching pair....

There's no way I could sell that one to Mrs VK unfortunately.