Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Jazz Amercian Traditional Series
£575
Chorley, Lancs. PR6

ead

For sale or trade is this Fender Jazz bass from the American Traditional range that I believe was built for a short period only in the very late '90s and into 2000.  The date stamp on the body is 1999 but I can't figure out what the neck is telling me.  I believe that these basses were a kind of fore-runner to the Highway 1 and Highway One basses.

The American Traditional range have the one piece pickguard, pickups that are both neck sized and speed dial knobs.  Most of the pics show the bass with a set of normal black J knobs fitted but there is one at the end with the original fit items for illustration purposes.  I'll leave the black ones on so you can choose.  Also you'll notice that the bass has (my preferred) Dunlop straplock buttons installed but I'll refit the original items for you.

The bass is in pretty good condition for a 20yr old but has a few minor dings, please see the pics.  The frets are in pretty good nick with a little visible wear down at the money end of the fretboard.  The body is in a lovely cream colour but I'm afraid I'm not sure what the official Fender designation is.  The pickups have a good strong output and a nice warm tone to them.  Everything works fine but I'd say the tone control lacks sublety!  I was going to put a Kiogon loom in but I thought it better to keep it all original.  I'll supply a decent quality gig bag with the bass.  The instrument weighs a shade over 9lbs by my scales so not bad at all for a Jazz bass,

As ever I'd prefer to meet up and am happy to jump in the car and meet half way somewhere rather than risk a courier if humanly possible.  If you have any questions please ask, or indeed if you want any more pics.  Just to note that in real life the neck and the fretboard do not look as red as they appear in the pics.  Over saturated colour maybe due to my lack of photography skills at play here!  The very last pic has a better rendition of the fretboard colour.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

I wouldn't have thought so on a 1999 Fender bass, but not sure tbh.  I know what you mean though.

When I compare it other Rosewood boards I have, the grain on this one does look like it belongs.