Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Musicman Stingray 5 Trade!

leprechaun

Hello everybody,

Looking to trade my SR5 for something more jazz like, preferably another 5 string but could possibly be swayed!

My Stingray was born in Feb 2000 and as you can see from the pics is a beautiful natural example (the nicest finish in my opinion) in remarkable condition for a near 9 year old bass. There are one or two tiny marks on the back (which you cannot see when photographed) which are just small dents in the lacquer, and the obligitary dings in the end of the headstock (as pictured) caused by low ceiling/idiot owner syndrome which incidentally cannot be seen from the front or rear of the headstock. Nothing out of the ordinary for a bass of this age.

Sounds and plays beautifully as you would expect of an SR5.

[attachment=17114:IMG_3196.jpg][attachment=17115:IMG_3197.jpg]
[attachment=17116:IMG_3198.jpg][attachment=17117:IMG_3199.jpg]
[attachment=17124:IMG_3201.jpg][attachment=17130:IMG_3203.jpg]
[attachment=17125:IMG_3202.jpg][attachment=17123:IMG_3200.jpg]
[attachment=17131:IMG_3204.jpg][attachment=17126:IMG_3205.jpg]
[attachment=17127:IMG_3206.jpg][attachment=17128:IMG_3207.jpg]
[attachment=17129:IMG_3208.jpg]

Here is a link to the same [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/seantaylor4/MusicmanStingray502#"]photos[/url] in higher resolution.

Happy viewing![b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b]

Edited by leprechaun

[quote name='JD1' post='353004' date='Dec 12 2008, 07:07 PM']Hey mate thats really nice. By the way - how are the Assembly Rooms going?[/quote]

Hi John, good to hear from you.

Assembly rooms gigs are going well thanks, bit of a wild one tonight though, felt a bit dodgy leaving the PA and all the gear (except instruments of course!) behind but there were plenty of burly bouncers knocking around like...

I am currently using a Squier JV precision for the gig and loving every minute of it!!

Yes they are a bit more attentive these days and are red hot on public liability insurance - a few years ago somebody pulled one of our light poles over after we had gone home. It hit someone and they subsequently made a claim.

That SR5 looks great in natural. I'd be tempted but I'm seriously considering a Sterling 5.

Enjoy the rest of the gigs!