Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Studio guitar Circa 1978

This was a project I never got finished
The body was under coated ready for a top coat but I never got round to it & will need redoing now. I have all the original parts in a plastic bag including pick ups, machine heads bridge and tail piece etc
The only thing missing is one of the saddle screws off the bridge. The guitar is an Ibanez Studio 50 or ST 50 as it says on the truss rod cover

don't really know what its worth so I am up for any offers, also willing to trade for something interesting

I can send photos if anyone is interested

This is how it used to look

Edited by ianrunci

[quote name='joegarcia' post='352692' date='Dec 12 2008, 01:35 PM']So presumably those pictures are not of your guitar? Would be interested to see pics. What sort of state is the body in visually? Is it literally all just in a bag? Ballpark figure?[/quote]

No they aren't, It was my intention to spray it white originally so its been undercoated in white
The body and neck are one piece, its been filler primered and undercoated and that's it, it needs flatting down and re undercoating before the top coats. All the parts are literally in a plastic tesco bag lol.

I'll try and get some pictures up before Monday, got a busy weekend so it may take a while, but hey "life is long and there is time to kill today" :)

Not got any idea of a ball park figure, just whatever someone wants to pay for it I suppose or even swap it for something

[quote name='Bassassin' post='353495' date='Dec 13 2008, 12:35 PM']Ian - is the original burst finish still there under the undercoat, or did you strip it? Might be interested if there's a chance of restoring it to original. Would be very interested to see some pics too, if that's OK.

Jon.[/quote]

No I stripped it to the wood. They also did them in a black finish so I suppose that would be the easiest finish to achieve. As for the original finish Im afraid thats well gone