Why become a member? ×

Scott’s Gary Willis course

lownote

37 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I don't think stupidity comes into it. Seems to me you guys are A level students trying to come to terms with a Masters degree course.

You would probably get more out of this course if you had some prerequisite courses leading up to it.

I would love to play at this level of ability, but I just don't like the music that these guys play. A year spent playing and understanding what's behind Nate Watts, Roscoe Beck or Joe Dart bass lines, for instance, would be a much better project for me. Those  styles are more relevant to me and how I play.

Totally agree. 

The reason I never engage with SBL in any meaningful way is that most of the stuff he seems to promote has very little relevance to the gigs I do, or even the gigs I would like to do. 

I suspect the same applies to many of the youngsters who want to get started as a gigging bass player and would be Scott's target audience. 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2019 at 11:12, chris_b said:

I don't think stupidity comes into it. Seems to me you guys are A level students trying to come to terms with a Masters degree course.

You would probably get more out of this course if you had some prerequisite courses leading up to it.

I would love to play at this level of ability, but I just don't like the music that these guys play. A year spent playing and understanding what's behind Nate Watts, Roscoe Beck or Joe Dart bass lines, for instance, would be a much better project for me. Those  styles are more relevant to me and how I play.

Indeed. I've checked out but not signed up this this course purely cos I tried listening to some Tribal Tech albums and they just left me cold. Top notch playing all-round but after listening I just thought to myself 'and?'.

• Like 1