Why become a member? ×

Ventura Jazz Bass (MIJ)

thebigyin

Morning all anyone heard of them one come up for sale locally not interested by the way just curious I have an old 70s Columbus P Bass which isn't very good just wondering if the Ventura are the same type of mass produced cheapo instruments that flooded the market in the 70s.

16 minutes ago, Moos3h said:

I had one and it was sh*te.  Total boat anchor...looked cool but that was about as far as it went.  Ply body too - you can usually tell as the forearm contour on sunburst models will be black.

Yeah my Columbus is plywood and the neck is very chunky and buzzes on G string, absolute plank but often loan it out to anyone just starting or looking at starting if they can't afford one....but has come back in some terrible states, last time I loaned it to our drummers son he wanted a bass he had it for a couple of years and it came back unplayable...even though it was a cheapo bass it didn't deserve to be abused like it was. thanks for reply.

Edited by thebigyin