Why become a member? ×

Chain Reaction!!!

The GroovyPlucker

Back again....

What's the best way to set up these 3 pedals coming my way.

EHX Bass Mono Synth, EHX Bass Soul Food (Overdrive), Boss TU-3 Tuner.

EHX say the Mono Synth should be the first in the chain, if so is this 1st pedal from the amp?

Same idea, what are your thoughts on the same scenario from my computer.

Starts with a soundblaster soundcard, into a Tapco mixing desk, then the 3 pedals daisy chained is how I run it, or will when they turn up.

Had this set up before with the Zoom B3 as last in chain from pc, trouble is when I used the unit with the amp at rehearsal it was way loud.

Maybe figure a way of setting up my amp n cab with headphones and figure a way of plugging the pc in via aux, I use a MarkBass Ninja 1000w head.

That way I should be able to keep the fx at the right level whilst blending in the song I'm rehearsing to from itunes.

AS YOU CAN TELL I'M NOT GREAT AT CABLING AND PATCHING, Found a system that works well with the bass into the pc so I can practice the covers I'm doing, but might need looking at again.

Your thoughts, as ever, would be most welcome,

Cheers, Mark

Tuner then synth then dirt.

Wheb they say that the synth needs to go first, they’re more likely talking about engaged (as opposed to bypassed) pedals as having another active effect before it in the chain (eg distortion) would mess up the tracking. Probably doesn’t matter what order if you were only using one at a time.

As I said before, you might wish to have the synth running into the distortion as post-filter distortion can sound amazing. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

cheers again Quatschmacher, turning into my personal guru, d'ya reckon you could take a 3.5mm connector from the back of my pc's soundcard to the aux at the back of my mbass amp, wanted to try using the bass with the amp for rehearsing songs so I've a better idea of the pedal levels for full rehearsal later,

Cheers

Mark

45 minutes ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

cheers again Quatschmacher, turning into my personal guru, d'ya reckon you could take a 3.5mm connector from the back of my pc's soundcard to the aux at the back of my mbass amp, wanted to try using the bass with the amp for rehearsing songs so I've a better idea of the pedal levels for full rehearsal later,

Cheers

Mark

I don’t know that model of amp but if it’s like the aux in on my Nord piano then I guess so. Not sure if the level of the soundcard will match the volume of your band though. Part of rehearsal is getting your band levels right. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1