drewk_ie

Clevinger EUB Bassic **SOLD**
£750

So after much deliberation, and with little hope of my back pain residing, after already letting go of my Kay double bass and KK baby bass, here on Basschat, it’s time to bid farewell to my final EUB. 

Heres the blurb from the Clevinger main site:

Clevinger Bassic

MINIMAL HEAD.

Shoulderless trapezoid body.

Bassic black lacquer.

Volume control.

Clevinger ABST (Acoustic Bass Simulation Technology) pickup.

Four String only - $2899.00

http://www.clevinger.com/clevbass/Clevinger Bassic/bassic.htm

Very close to an upright sound, thanks to the Clevinger ABST pickup.

Waiting list is between 8-12 months! 

Lovely bass to play, no annoying on stage feedback, comes with tripod stand, original faux fur lined Clevinger Soft case and no name bow (c/w cover) should you wish to dip your toes into Arco. Nice and compact when folded down, not much longer than an EB case.

As always collection preferred, based in Ireland. Overseas buyers welcome, but you will need to organise your own shipping/ courier.

Sale price £690, trade price £1,200

Thanks for looking.

Edited by drewk_ie

Somewhat similar to my 5-string Clevinger. Love it, it is far better than my plywood acoustic.

Sorry to hear your back is still playing havoc with your playing.  How grim 😞

I bought the KK baby bass mentioned above, and it was one of the most surreal & enjoyable transactions I can remember - we met and plugged in the bass in a truck tyre shop in Kilkenny during a comedy festival!

Buy with absolute confidence.  Best of luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Ok fellow basschatters, something has popped up on this very forum that has caught my eye. I’d be willing to accept a reasonable offer on this. Please PM me if you’re interested. 

3 hours ago, Muzomatt said:

Great bass - have one very similiar to this. 

Cheers, they are indeed great basses, I’ll be sad when she goes, it’ll definitely mark the end of my upright playing...

Interested . 

Regarding courier, happy to pay, but you would need to arrange it , as you know when your in ! 

Pm me 

Edited by bassinvader36

I would be more interested in this bass if you were able to arrange a courier . So much easier if the seller arranges it . 

Dont really know why this isn’t an option ? 

Still available folks, would consider a trade for a MM Sabre Bass... or high end fretted acoustic bass. 

Edited by drewk_ie

Apologies only saw your comments, There is a trade underway on this, will revert should there be a change. 

Cheers

Drew

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Linus27
      For sale is my Stagg 3/4 Electric Double bass in piano black. Bought for a project during lockdown but was never used in the end so is in mint condition and as new.

Electric double bass, 3/4 size in piano black.
      - State of the art electronics specially designed for double bass.
      - Removable arm rests.
      - Volume & Bass controls.
      - 1/4" Output jack.
      - 1/8" Stereo mini jack input for CD/MP3 player.
      - 1/8" stereo mini jack output for headphones.
      - Machine heads: P-bass style, nickel
      - 3/4 model.
      - With genuine Stagg gig bag.
      I paid £550 for this brand new last year and it's only been used a couple of times at home so is in mint condition. Comes complete with official Stagg padded gig bag and the two arm rests. Based in Camberley, Surrey and price is £360. Shipping to UK available at buyers cost.

• By ChrisJaxon
      Stagg EDB 3/4 in very good condition. I have had it for a couple of years, but my small hands cannot seem to cope with it and I end up in pain. I know I will not be gigging it anytime soon so it should go to somone who will enjoy it more. It is complete with the Stagg stand, which is very robust. A couple of rotary knobs have slightly broken on it but it all works fine. Also included is the original fur-lined Stagg gigbag which has never been out of the house. I did not like the original Stagg strings so I changed them for Innovation Super Silvers and they sound fantastic. Everything works as it should, I have really enjoyed learning the EUB, but I am going to change it for a 5-string fretless (in case there are any potential trades).

• By NickD
      So this happened!
      It's something I've been meaning to do for a while... I blame Ronnie Scott's live streams and José Riso on KJazz.
      More seriously I've been listening to the recordings we're in the middle of and thinking that despite its generally rocky nature, a fat, plummy tone might have worked well with some of the riffs. I know it's not exactly what the instrument is for, but figured I'd give it a go anyway.
      My god it's a different beast, my brain is scrambled and my fingers are raw, but it's fun. I downloaded a 3Sigma IR for the Helix, and for a quick start it sounds pretty good right off the bat!
      Can't help but feel I'm looking up a pretty steep curve right now.

• By Higgie
      NS Design WAV4 up for sale. It’s in good used condition, a couple dings as shown in the pictures. It did have a crack to the end of the fingerboard (that seems to have been pretty common on these early models) that was there when I bought it, i’ve since had it taken care of by the guy who handles the warranty repair work for NS, and it’s now good to go. It comes with the heavy duty tripod and gig bag. The ig bag is a little ripped but still functional.
      I bought this 2 years ago, and its honestly been out of the gig bag about 20 times. It has recently been serviced (as mentioned before), so is in excellent playing condition.
      Postage isn’t an option at this point. So collection from Chingford, NE London, or I can meet/deliver within 60 miles for cost of fuel