Why become a member? ×

New Studio Track - my new singer/band project

urb

Hey

Just been mixing tracks for a new band/singer songwriter project - we're about half way through - anyway I've used the Sei on all these new tracks - the one you can listen to is the first one on my Myspace is a deep funk slap-based thing - all recorded live including the vocal. I recorded the bass direct and it sounds wicked - I brought in the Piezo bridge pickups and it adds just the right amount of sizzle - I'd be interested to hear what you think of the music and the playing - and thanks as ever for the feedback:

Listen to 'Return To Me' here:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/flynnbass"]http://www.myspace.com/flynnbass[/url]

More stuff on the way soon - it's really varied musically some rock stuff, bit of latin, some funk - really good tunes and grooves - I'll keep you posted when more music appears on our proper Myspace page.

Cheers

Mike

Really nice, hauntingly melancholic but very catchy.
Personally I didn't find the fills too much and I especially liked those between about 2.00 and 2.30. Maybe save the fill at 1.27 for a bit later when the emotion has built up a bit more, but that is nit picking.

Really very good indeed.

Will this be avialble for purchase some time.

Pete

[quote name='Peaty' post='348573' date='Dec 8 2008, 01:31 PM']Really nice, hauntingly melancholic but very catchy.
Personally I didn't find the fills too much and I especially liked those between about 2.00 and 2.30. Maybe save the fill at 1.27 for a bit later when the emotion has built up a bit more, but that is nit picking.

Really very good indeed.

Will this be avialble for purchase some time.

Pete[/quote]

Thanks for the positive comments guys - and the criticisms too - re the fills I made a point of actually working something out that wasn't some w***y triplet run and also was in itself quite sparse - it's all in the key and is (hopefully) melodic/musical - we literally improvised the backing over a couple of takes and that was it - this is the bass line as I played it in a singe take. Had anyone in the band felt we should have changed it in any way or edited it then I'd have been open to that - they didn't want anything changed and felt it was cool and so it stayed as I played it... I did TRY and be tasteful... you can't please all the people all the time.

Re it being available - we are looking to release it via a label as soon as we can but we need to find a label first. The singer is off to New York over christmas and she's got some great contacts there so we'll see how she gets on - an industry mate of hers is really excited about this stuff so we'll see.

lastly there's another track on my Myspace page now which is called [b]'Rather Make Believe' [/b]which is a sort of house/funk tune - NO SLAPPING - just some good ole finger style grooving - have a listen to that and let me know what you reckon - all the stuff we've done is really varied so the slappy thing in context is just one aspect of it - there's some rocky-ish stuff, dancey stuff etc - it's all really lovely :)

Cheers for checking it out

Mike