Why become a member? ×

Help me build my pedalboard!

Matthew Farrell

Hello. 

I am currently trying to build my pedalboard for my musical theatre setup.

I know that Doe my double bass I am going to get myself a Headway DEB-2, but I want to be able to mute my double bass using a footswitch like the Korg PS-1. I don't know how I'd do that. 

For my electric, I was planning on getting a tuner, octave and chorus only, so that's much easier, but I just wanted opinions on different makes and models of pedals and what I should get. Any ideas would be very welcome! 

Cheers all, 

Matt

Regarding the electric, I've always thought that if I ever got a professional gig like working with a theatre I'd keep well away from boutique and just go Boss.

I've always found that Boss pedals are built like tanks, reliable and easy to operate (with the large footswitch).  Kind of everything you'd want in that kind of setting.

They are relatively inexpensive and easy to get hold of (should you need a last minute replacement).

So I'd go:

TU-3 Tuner

CEB-3 Bass Chorus

OC-3 Super Octave

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Matthew Farrell said:

I am currently trying to build my pedalboard for my musical theatre setup.

I know that Doe my double bass I am going to get myself a Headway DEB-2, but I want to be able to mute my double bass using a footswitch like the Korg PS-1. I don't know how I'd do that. 

For my electric, I was planning on getting a tuner, octave and chorus only, so that's much easier, but I just wanted opinions on different makes and models of pedals and what I should get. Any ideas would be very welcome!

Are you sending two separate signals to FOH (one per instrument), or are you also looking for a pedalboard routing solution to combine the signals yourself and send that one combined signal to FOH?  If latter, I was going to recommend a Boss LS-2 as that can cycle over three inputs: upright, electric, and none (as a mute). 

What's the monitoring situation?