Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR500 4-string - £250 SOLD
£250

stevie

IBANEZ SR500 - £250

I've had this bass for around a year and have loved it. So much so, that I've just splashed out on one of their Premium range of basses. Although I'm not totally convinced that the new one is noticeably better,  I'm following my one-in-one-out policy and putting the SR500 up for sale.

The first thing to mention is this is a *really* lightweight bass. It's actually quite a bit lighter than my new Premium model. Clip a Comfort strap on it and you hardly know it's there. Second, this bass has been cared for and is *as new*. There isn't a mark or a scratch on it - and absolutely no fret wear. I'd certainly not be able to tell this bass from a brand new one in a shop.

The action has been nicely set up to be fairly low - but no buzzes. The strings are TI Flats, which would cost you £40 to fit, and judging by my last set have another 10 years of life in them. The strings, action and slim neck make this a very comfortable bass to play. And it has stayed perfectly in tune for me throughout 3-hour gigs.

For anyone who needs me to ship, I'm including the option of buying the Ibanez Premium shell case shown in the photos, as I don't have any other suitable packing. It will be wrapped in cardboard and sent with a reliable carrier. Does £40 sound all right for the case?

Andertons video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpqYC8Vw2c

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4112.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4130.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

Edited by stevie
  • Like 3

• MB1 locked this topic