Why become a member? ×

what's wrong with this bass?

NickA

This   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warwick-Streamer-Stage-1-NT-5-String-Bass-Guitar-/132890079611?nav=SEARCH

Has been on eBay for weeks and weeks.  It runs for a week, fails to sell and is then immediately relisted.  A shipping option was added, then the buy now price went up,(!) But still it never sells. 

I've seen several steamers come and go for the same price or more whilst this one languishes.

What's wrong with it?

2 hours ago, NickA said:

This   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warwick-Streamer-Stage-1-NT-5-String-Bass-Guitar-/132890079611?nav=SEARCH

Has been on eBay for weeks and weeks.  It runs for a week, fails to sell and is then immediately relisted.  A shipping option was added, then the buy now price went up,(!) But still it never sells. 

I've seen several steamers come and go for the same price or more whilst this one languishes.

What's wrong with it?

There is nothing wrong with it just over priced. It's a cracking bass but really 1000-1200 is the most I would expect anyone to pay.

It probably keeps getting relisted when eBay have their promotional £1 selling fee weekends.. 

11 hours ago, NickA said:

Says someone who recently sold a 4-string version for £1350 (or thereabouts) 🙂 .

Happen a. You're right b. He's rejecting sensible offers.

Wasn't aware I was being stalked via eBay! 

Pretty sure I sold one my 4 string streamers for 1250 but not sure what that has to do with this. 4 stringers are more in demand so you can ask more for them.

Also I was advertising mine internationally, with the associated risks, so again you can ask for more money.

No stalking required

.... your old ad is still listed in the basschat market place and pops up on a search for "streamer"; which is a fine way of finding how much things really do (or don't) sell for.  Nice bass at a fair price I thought.

There is also a near identical 5-string stage 1 currently listed, located in Poland - started off at £2000 now £1600.

Interesting that 4-string streamers command a higher price than 5s (not so Dolphins).  Once I've struggled with one for a few months I may realise why 😀

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Edited by NickA
spelling / grammer

16 hours ago, NickA said:

No stalking required

.... your old ad is still listed in the basschat market place and pops up on a search for "streamer"; which is a fine way of finding how much things really do (or don't) sell for.  Nice bass at a fair price I thought.

There is also a near identical 5-string stage 1 currently listed, located in Poland - started off at £2000 now £1600.

Interesting that 4-string streamers command a higher price than 5s (not so Dolphins).  Once I've struggled with one for a few months I may realise why 😀

Thanks for the advice anyway.

I can only sumise that there are more 4 string players than 5 string players. Prices can also fulctuate wildy depending on the time of year, how keen the seller is to shift the bass, originality, if it comes with a case etc. etc.

The one located in Poland is identical to the one I have, I managed to steal mine for a paultry £750.00 via ebay!!! That is no reflection on the value of this bass just an auction with collection only from the middle of nowhere...