Why become a member? ×

Bacchus 33" scale...for anyone interested in Bacchus or 33" scale basses.

mybass

If any one is interested in Bacchus WL-433....33" scale as pictured. I dropped down to 'The Guitar Den' run by Joe near Petersfield to check out this one. Very nice bass, well put together. Great wood work, frets, finish, sound, the lot. The tone pot pulls up to boost the neck pup, ( I think it cancels the bridge one). Not Gotoh parts I'm told but still Impressive for a 33" scale and the string tension felt fine. Made in Bacchus's Philippines shop under strict control. I read somewhere that Bacchus basses are all hand made. I should add it was played straight out of the box and did play very well, slightly low action so plenty to play with.

Picture shows the same model/colour/maple board.

Bacchus WL-433.jpeg

Edited by mybass
  • Like 1

I'm not sure ped, all I found was if the bridge pup was only used then pulling the tone pot cancelled the volume entirely. Using only the neck pup with the tone pot pulled up  boosted that pup. I thought it kind of a strange set up.

I just found this on VSN Guitars site so your thoughts were correct.

"The push-pull tone pot works as a 'Turbo Switch' function. When pulled up, the 2 pickups are then connected in series and will produce a more powerful sound. WL-001 inherits the craftsmanship philosophy and high quality standards of the original Woodline, as well as its appearance. Nothing is more important than precise handcrafting and great attention to detail when making an instrument with ideal tone."

Edited by mybass
  • Like 1