Danjhall

** SOLD ELSEWHERE ** Trace Elliot T-Bass 5 String
£600

Trace Elliot 5 String T-Bass for Sale or possible Trade £600  NOW £550

*Also I'll be in Manchester a lot over next 3 weeks (till Jan 26) if anyone wants to try out in North West*

Hi. Reluctantly selling this lovely English made 5 string "super Jazz". A collaboration between Status Graphite and Trace Elliot led to these basses being produced in the late 90s. Designed and manufactured by Rob Green of Status.

I bought this used about 5 years ago. At the time my main bass was a Status S2 5 string and I wanted a jazz type bass with a similar neck profile. This was perfect. However time moves on and many more basses have entered my life and sadly the T-bass isn't getting the attention it deserves. With other purchases on the horizon it's time to move on.

Alder body in natural finish. Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard.

I believe this may be one of the later models as it doesn't have the "Monorail Bridge" but a standard type one instead.

It features a hidden third hum cancelling pickup under the pickguard. 

9v Active electronics. Passive/Active switch. Bass and Treble controls, and 2 further knobs control volume of each pickup.

24 frets, 34" Scale.

Weight is 4.2kg (9.3lb) according to my scales.

Condition is fair for age. Shows sign of use. Buckle rash and a few small dings. Also, if you look at the pics you can clearly see where the previous owner rested his thumb whilst playing! I noticed a hairline crack in the pickguard when I was taking the photos earlier. I've taken plenty of pics which will hopefully show you in detail and any examination is welcome. 

Collection preferred from Hitchin, Herts, but I do travel around the UK so don't be afraid to ask. I have a couple of amps for you to try it through. I'd prefer to not post as I don't have a hard case for it, but I would be willing to pop it in a gig bag and securely package it up at buyers expense. Probably around £30.

Trade wise, only thing I'm interested in at the moment would be 4 string P basses with maple neck (US or MIJ).

Cheers for looking,

Dan.

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

Edited by Danjhall
Sold bass elsewhere
  • Like 3

I think the monorail bridge was an optional extra or standard on the SE version.

I've got a '98 SE and it has the mono rail bridge.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AlexJMcGibbon
      Sire M7 5 String in natural ash, version 2. 
      Only about 6 months old, gigged a handful of times. One small ding on the top (pictured), and some very light scratches on the back that I couldn't even get to photograph.
      Super powerful preamp and loads of switching options. Currently strung with nickel elixirs.
      Can courier at buyer's expense in original Sire box
      £400

• By spyder
      Due to a house move in 6 weeks time I am putting up my very special and rare Warrior bass up for sale.
      I am offering it a crazy price before I move in 6 weeks.
      £1650 for UK postage.
      £1700 EU postage. 
      Estimated normal second hand price is around £2500.
      Selling cheap because of house move.
      Would prefer a trade for a 4 or 5 string bass and CASH. Something like a Jazz / P / Gibson or Rick. 
      Personal meeting / exchange preferred due to the cost and rarity of the Warrior.

Current price for the Warrior DM5 model is from $7000. 
      https://www.warriorinstruments.com/pages/the-dm-custom-6

Details... 

Warrior custom signature 5 string bass. 

Thru neck design. 

Alder body wings with walnut top. 

Natural oiled wood finish. 

5 piece maple / wenge / purple heart thru neck. 

Ebony fret board. 

Ebony head stock. 

Pearl sword inlay at 12th fret. 

Traa Daniels ( P.O.D ) pearl inlay from his "payable on death" ( 2003 ) album. This was his actual bass and was used to record the album. 

Black Hipshot hardware. 

Glockenklang 3 band preamp. 

Dingwall rubber knobs. 

Bass Culture custom pickups with matching wooden covers. 

Bridge pickup coil tap switch. 

Locking 1/4 inch input jack. 

24 frets. 

Thru body stringing on B and E strings. 

Low action ( 1.6 mm A,D,G strings - 1.75 mm B,E strings ) and big powerful sound from this professional instrument. 

Strung with new Rotosound 66 stainless steel 45 - 130 strings. 

Bass has been gigged and used in studios around the world. 

The bass will be shipped in its original snake skin effect hard case. 

• By Gary Williams
      This is going to break my heart but something I want just a little more has come up.
      This is my beautiful Status Empathy 5 String, made in 1999.
      In superb condition except a small line in the lacquer from the neck pickup screw upwards as seen in the pics. It's not a deep crack and I have polished most of it out.
      Wafer thin action after a recent set up with Rob @ Status and sounds utterly incredible. 2 new battery boxes fitted.
      **** EDIT: Apologies people, spacing at bridge is dead on 15mm between strings ****
      Ideally pickup in Sussex.
      I'll let the pictures do the talking.
      NO TRADES please