Left leaderboard
Danjhall

** SOLD ELSEWHERE ** Trace Elliot T-Bass 5 String
£600

Trace Elliot 5 String T-Bass for Sale or possible Trade £600  NOW £550

*Also I'll be in Manchester a lot over next 3 weeks (till Jan 26) if anyone wants to try out in North West*

Hi. Reluctantly selling this lovely English made 5 string "super Jazz". A collaboration between Status Graphite and Trace Elliot led to these basses being produced in the late 90s. Designed and manufactured by Rob Green of Status.

I bought this used about 5 years ago. At the time my main bass was a Status S2 5 string and I wanted a jazz type bass with a similar neck profile. This was perfect. However time moves on and many more basses have entered my life and sadly the T-bass isn't getting the attention it deserves. With other purchases on the horizon it's time to move on.

Alder body in natural finish. Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard.

I believe this may be one of the later models as it doesn't have the "Monorail Bridge" but a standard type one instead.

It features a hidden third hum cancelling pickup under the pickguard. 

9v Active electronics. Passive/Active switch. Bass and Treble controls, and 2 further knobs control volume of each pickup.

24 frets, 34" Scale.

Weight is 4.2kg (9.3lb) according to my scales.

Condition is fair for age. Shows sign of use. Buckle rash and a few small dings. Also, if you look at the pics you can clearly see where the previous owner rested his thumb whilst playing! I noticed a hairline crack in the pickguard when I was taking the photos earlier. I've taken plenty of pics which will hopefully show you in detail and any examination is welcome. 

Collection preferred from Hitchin, Herts, but I do travel around the UK so don't be afraid to ask. I have a couple of amps for you to try it through. I'd prefer to not post as I don't have a hard case for it, but I would be willing to pop it in a gig bag and securely package it up at buyers expense. Probably around £30.

Trade wise, only thing I'm interested in at the moment would be 4 string P basses with maple neck (US or MIJ).

Cheers for looking,

Dan.

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

Edited by Danjhall
Sold bass elsewhere
  • Like 3

I think the monorail bridge was an optional extra or standard on the SE version.

I've got a '98 SE and it has the mono rail bridge.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By big rob
      Claas Leviathan Custom 4. Handmade in Germany Info: https://claasguitars.com
      Body:Ash
      Neck and Fretboard: Flammed Maple.
      SeymoreDuncan Musicman and Jazz Pickup.
      Richter 3-Band EQ.
      The bass is in good condition and the frets are like new.
      The jazz pickup and preamp are modifications from the original bass.
      She may look from the future and has all the modern tones but can also do old school really well.
      Looking for £1600 £1500 , down from £1850 might consider other trades or partial trades (cash my way).

• By TRBboy
      Hi folks! 
      This bass is just incredible, probably my favourite ever, but I've had a bit of a change of direction and it needs a new home. 
      This was my second sandberg custom build, built around 2013/14. It's very lightweight and ergonomic, very balanced tonally, versatile, and features that incredible sandberg neck feel! I upgraded to a swamp ash body which not only looks stunning (pics don't do it justice!), but it's incredibly lightweight at around 3.7kg, and it works exceptionally tone - wise with the maple fretboard. I also upgraded to a 3 band eq (these models normally come with 2 band). The natural headstock was also an upgrade, as these would come with a black one as standard. It is actually a veneer with a black accent layer in between. 
      Specs :
      Swamp ash body with matt cherry sunburst finish 
      Maple neck and fretboard
      Natural headstock
      Black hardware
      2x dual coil soapbars
      3 band Glockenklang eq with true passive bypass and passive tone control
      Comes with original sandberg gigbag

There are a couple of very minor dings in the body, I can attempt to photograph these if you like. 

No trades sorry. If you're nearby, you're more than welcome to come and try! 

Thanks for looking! 😊👍

• By TRBboy
      Hi folks! 
      Tis with a heavy heart I am advertising my first Sandberg custom build! This incredible bass was built for me in 2011/12 from memory, and has served me well. The ebony fretboard was a substantial upcharge, but is by far the nicest I've ever played. 
      Really comfortable to play, very balanced across the tonal spectrum, hugely versatile, and of course THAT sandberg neck feel! 
      Specs:
      Alder body with virgin white high gloss finish
      Maple neck, ebony fretboard
      Matched headstock
      Sandberg power humbuckers x2 with coil split switch (outer coils) 
      3 band Glockenklang eq with true passive bypass and passive tone control
      Comes with original sandberg gigbag

Not looking for any trades sorry. Welcome to come and try it out if you're in the area 😊👍
      Thanks for looking! 

• By Gary Williams
      ** NOW REDUCED TO £1,450.00 **
      This is going to break my heart but something I want just a little more has come up.
      This is my beautiful Status Empathy 5 String, made in 1999.
      In superb condition except a small line in the lacquer from the neck pickup screw upwards as seen in the pics. It's not a deep crack and I have polished most of it out.
      Wafer thin action after a recent set up with Rob @ Status and sounds utterly incredible. 2 new battery boxes fitted.
      **** EDIT: Apologies people, spacing at bridge is dead on 15mm between strings ****
      Ideally pickup in Sussex.
      I'll let the pictures do the talking.
      NO TRADES please