Danjhall

** SOLD ELSEWHERE ** Trace Elliot T-Bass 5 String
£600

Trace Elliot 5 String T-Bass for Sale or possible Trade £600  NOW £550

*Also I'll be in Manchester a lot over next 3 weeks (till Jan 26) if anyone wants to try out in North West*

Hi. Reluctantly selling this lovely English made 5 string "super Jazz". A collaboration between Status Graphite and Trace Elliot led to these basses being produced in the late 90s. Designed and manufactured by Rob Green of Status.

I bought this used about 5 years ago. At the time my main bass was a Status S2 5 string and I wanted a jazz type bass with a similar neck profile. This was perfect. However time moves on and many more basses have entered my life and sadly the T-bass isn't getting the attention it deserves. With other purchases on the horizon it's time to move on.

Alder body in natural finish. Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard.

I believe this may be one of the later models as it doesn't have the "Monorail Bridge" but a standard type one instead.

It features a hidden third hum cancelling pickup under the pickguard. 

9v Active electronics. Passive/Active switch. Bass and Treble controls, and 2 further knobs control volume of each pickup.

24 frets, 34" Scale.

Weight is 4.2kg (9.3lb) according to my scales.

Condition is fair for age. Shows sign of use. Buckle rash and a few small dings. Also, if you look at the pics you can clearly see where the previous owner rested his thumb whilst playing! I noticed a hairline crack in the pickguard when I was taking the photos earlier. I've taken plenty of pics which will hopefully show you in detail and any examination is welcome. 

Collection preferred from Hitchin, Herts, but I do travel around the UK so don't be afraid to ask. I have a couple of amps for you to try it through. I'd prefer to not post as I don't have a hard case for it, but I would be willing to pop it in a gig bag and securely package it up at buyers expense. Probably around £30.

Trade wise, only thing I'm interested in at the moment would be 4 string P basses with maple neck (US or MIJ).

Cheers for looking,

Dan.

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

Edited by Danjhall
Sold bass elsewhere
  • Like 3

I think the monorail bridge was an optional extra or standard on the SE version.

I've got a '98 SE and it has the mono rail bridge.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Soledad
      Chances of ever finding another like this? It's a timewarp once-only thing.
      Mine from new in August 1990. Used as home and occasional studio combo, then stored by a mate in his house for years. Recently returned to me, then off to Dave at Valve Amp Repair in Gravesend for a service/check-over. Pots cleaned, a dry joint on pre-board fixed, valves checked for matching (good within 3mA).
      Never worked hard or loud so the original Celestion 15 is good as new.
      This Twin Valve is in truly remarkable condition - very close to new old stock.
      FRONT: passive in, active in, TE pre-shape in/out, graphic in/out; effects send/return; line in/out; standby.
      REAR: Mains on; external speaker out (XLR), impedance switch (4/8 ohm). The internal 15 is 8 ohm so extension should be 8. 
      The Twin refers to the twin (paired) 6550 power-stage valves which TE quote as 130W output. That may sound puny but [1] it's into 8 ohms; [2] Trace were famously conservative in their output ratings (or a lot of current Class D makers are a bit optimistic) and [3] valves drive nice when pushed, as we know.
      Anyway, as a combo it'll deal with small to mid gigs, add a 210 (say) and it's plenty loud.
      Weight around 30Kg - it is a Trace, get over it  
      Original Bass Centre invoice includes a Bass Collection fretless, total £1400. IIRC a slight deal was done and the Trace ended up £950 (in 1990, remember !)
      View, play collect Sevenoaks Kent. UK courier provided buyer organises collection, insurance etc. I can't ship outside UK, sorry. May do a 50 mile run if asked nicely.
      and btw - see that cast TE logo plate on the front? Art, that's what this is👍

• By JellyKnees
      A very reluctant sale of a fantastic bass. Bought locally a couple of years ago as a backup/alternative to my Dingwall, I’ve ended up using it exclusively for recording, so it’s in the same very good condition as when I acquired it. It has a few minor nicks and scratches on the body and headstock which I’ve attempted to show on the photos, but it’s excellent for a 20 year old instrument. I’m selling it as unfortunately it’s just a little too heavy for me to stand with for long periods due to some long standing lower back/hip issues.
      Photos can be seen here; https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tq9VcMsmU2ctZRHx9
      Some details/specs;
      Swamp ash body with quilted maple top in cherry burst finish
      Maple neck with birdseye maple fingerboard
      35” scale length
      0.75" (approx 19mm) string spacing
      Bartolini pickups
      3 band EQ with adjustable mid frequency selection via dip switches
      4.5 kg in weight
      Serial number 5568, so production date of 1999 as per the Lakland website
      Original G&G hard case in tweed with keys and Lakland paper slip
      Currently strung with La Bella low tension flats for that greasy 70s vibe!
      Sound clip here; https://soundcloud.com/jellyknees/mowdown
      I’d prefer to sell it directly in person locally (happy to meet somewhere within roughly a 50 mile radius of Wirral), but I’m also open to shipping with insurance at the buyer’s expense.
      I’m also open to trades for another (lighter) 5er of similar quality/spec but I’m definitely a try before I buy kind of guy, so again it would have to be located fairly local to me for me to consider this. 
      Thanks for looking!
    • By big rob
      I must say the best 4x10 i have ever owned, also has a great tweeter.
      Only selling due to a very bad back, i now have 2 x RS210 cabinets as easier for me to move one at a time, that comes close but this cab really is the best i have played.
      Also comes with the padded TC cover.
      TC Blurb:
      Stackable 600 Watt bass cabinet with tweeter offers extreme portability and superior tone for stage and studio use ? Vertically stackable with other RS range cabinets for uncompromising full-frequency sound Compact and lightweight bass cabinet design 4 x 10" custom Eminence* drivers for deep fundamental bass tone 1" titanium diaphragm tweeter with 1.5" aluminum coil for increased percussive attack and definition Dual speaker link connections on premium Neutrik speakON* connectors (8 Ohm impedance) L-pad control lets you adjust to get the perfect amount of high-end detail Stylish ?anti-skid? covered plywood cabinet designed for toughest life on the road Designed and engineered in Denmark

• By AlexJMcGibbon
      Sire M7 5 String in natural ash, version 2. 
      Only about 6 months old, gigged a handful of times. One small ding on the top (pictured), and some very light scratches on the back that I couldn't even get to photograph.
      Super powerful preamp and loads of switching options. Currently strung with nickel elixirs.
      Can courier at buyer's expense in original Sire box
      £400