Why become a member? ×

Delayed NAD Warwick Hellborg

attackbass

Had this for a few weeks now after acquiring it in a trade, just been sorting a case for it!

I thought my trickfish bullhead was the holy grail amp, then I played through this and was totally blown away! I've done very unscientific comparisons and the trickfish gets close but is just a little bit dryer in tone and less articulate compared to the warmth, girth and clarity of the Hellborg. I tried the bullhead into the power amp which did sound very nice and gigged the preamp into the bullhead last week. But its the combination of the pre and Poweramp that really is something special.

Yes it's heavy, but not that heavy it's unmanageable I think probably 24kg without the case. Sounds great with the trickfish cab and it looks very cool. It's also has a nice tube like feel when playing through it, almost like a nice subtle compression.

Now to decide if I should keep the trickfish bullhead .5k as it is a marvellous amp!

IMG_20181026_120604.jpg

IMG_20181026_114808.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, it is heavy but whilst I'm able to carry it around  I might as well enjoy such high end gear and the tone quality is undeniable. So clear yet far, cuts tight through.

I would like to compare it to the top of the range trickfish. Wonder if their top of the range power section sounds better than the .5k