Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* 'Vintage' Brand VJ74 Jazz Bass
£125

discreet

*SOLD* 'Vintage' Brand VJ74 Reissued Jazz Bass

Don't really want to sell this, but I have two Jazz basses and only need one. So I'm keeping my Jazz Bitsa for stupid sentimental reasons -  it's the first bass I put together from parts - but it doesn't sound as good and doesn't play as well as this does. So my loss will be your gain. :)

'Vintage' is one of Trevor Wilkinson's brands, he of Fret King et al. The pickups, electrics and hardware on this VJ74 are all Wilkinson parts as stock and are of high quality. It's all original except for the colour - it was gloss black and it's been refinished in white, with a white headstock. It plays really nicely and sound-wise it’s right up there with the competition. I’ve owned and played Fender Jazzes and various Jazz clones from other makers and the VJ74 absolutely holds its own. Absolutely the epitome of what a Jazz Bass should sound like, with a nice growl on tap if you want it. I don't have scales, but I'd estimate that it's between 9 and 9.5lbs in weight - not a super-lightweight, but not a boat anchor by any means, and it balances well on the strap. Spec is here:

https://www.jhs.co.uk/brands/vintage/vintage-basses/vintage-reissued-vj74-bass-gloss-black

It's wearing Rotosound strings in the pics, but I've restrung it with brand new Fender 7250M nickel-plated steel rounds, which sound great. RRP is around £250-320 and I'm looking for £125 for a quick sale, which includes postage via an appropriate method to your atelier or dwelling. I will PM despatch details and an ETA to the buyer and the item will be well-packed. So if you want a good, workmanlike Jazz Bass in your armoury and you're not too fussed about having an 'F'-decal on your headstock, take advantage of my insanity and get in, before I change my mind! :) My feedback is here.

fdBody.jpg

Pickup.jpg

b0fStockFront.jpg

Tuners.jpg

b20Bridge.jpg

299Full.jpg

Now Sold. I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet
SOLD
  • Like 1