Why become a member? ×

Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special *SOLD*
£525

4 candles

For sale is my Fender Deluxe Active P Bass special from 2006-2007

I picked this up in a trade recently but Im a 5 string player at heart and try as I might I just cannot get on with 4 strings anymore.  so sadly this has to be moved on 

Its mexican made but the build quality/fit and finish  for me is equivelant to anything USA made.  The neck is a joy to play and feels great in the palm.The neck is a jazz profile with 38mm at the nut and makes getting up and down the neck really fast.

Very lightweight bass,.  Im led to beleive that fender used premium woods/electronics and hardware on this model

Bass is finished in midnight blue, it almost looks black in some pictures/lights/in the flesh.  Dark colours tend to show all scuffs and scratches.  I have done my best to photo this but it is not easy. there is one perticular scratch on the rear contour shown in photo.  other marks are minor and consistent with an instrument of this age that has been gigged.

A gold scratchplate completes the look 

P.J configuration with a fender noiseless jazz pick up.  I have read that as this is a special edition bass the pickups are possibly USA ones.

Active circuitary is powered by a single 9volt battery in the rear compartment.

This is a P J Bass on steroids but there are so many tones available from classic P to Classic Jazz, as a very versatile bass indeed to say the least

Price includes shipping to U.K  mainland or you are welcome to collect from Birmingham.  I have a very old and tatty semi hardcase and will ensure it is packaged correctly

Im often travelling around the U.K so may even be able to drop it off in person if Im passing neerby.

No trades thanks. 

Thank you for looking 

Mark

20180911_133419.jpg

20180911_133424.jpg

20180911_133428.jpg

20180911_133446.jpg

20180911_133452.jpg

20180911_133502.jpg

Edited by 4 candles