Why become a member? ×

Washburn Status 1000 Headless Bass SOLD
£500

steve

NOW SOLD

Hey everyone, I've decided to move on my headless Washburn Status 1000. 

Here's a bit of background for those who don't know (that I can remember). Status Basses back in the 80's wanted to crack the US market, so made a deal with Washburn to sell a hybrid Status-alike bass over there. This bass is a product of that agreement - a wooden neck and body manufactured by Washburn with Status Hardware and Electronics. I think they were only in production for a few years. If any of this is inaccurate I'm sure somebody will be along to put me straight :)

My bass has a couple of dings here and there, some fret wear (but loads of life left) and some of the position dots are missing. That being said it's so comfortable and light on the strap, and it's got a fast, low action so it's a joy to play. Once you get used to not having a headstock, you'll feel like it's a part of you.

I did sell this bass on ebay last weekend, but the winning bidder was in Russia so I cancelled the sale. It's currently relisted on there. He was a lovely chap, but I didn't want to ship over there due to the risk of ebay/paypal system potentially refunding payments while the bass is delayed in customs. Leo, if you're reading this, pls send me a message and we can work something out. I'm happy to ship overseas, but it must be entirely at the buyers risk.

It comes in a hard case (a Thomann guitar case which it fits pretty snugly in). As I said I'm happy to ship, UK is around £30 tracked with full insurance, overseas around £60 with the same service. Payment by bank transfer or Paypal (but you cover the fees). Meetup with cash would be lovely too :) 

Trade or px-wise, I'm leaning towards a P/J configuration, I don't want to put into the deal but might take lesser value with cash adjustment. If anyone needs any more pics, pls ask.

IMG_2331.JPG.54481b997eb9b161df29956822548737.JPGIMG_2332.JPG.ec229de4dabb0ce4cf35541f4ee7e3df.JPGIMG_2334.JPG.20f11120634b3be9cb78c99babd54a56.JPGIMG_2333.JPG.9b9babfe5aa3a1b943ceb0cb13a2c12a.JPGIMG_2336.JPG.a90ad51787be2e04ca79ca82f717dd1c.JPG

Edited by steve
  • Like 1