Why become a member? ×

Lost my bottle, can anyone help with routing?!

donslow

Hi all,

trying to keep this brief, I’m starting my first “from scratch” build, looking to make a 51 slab body precision, and have hit a bit of a wall.....

long story short, I have a solid body blank, I have got it down to thickness and and currently in the process of making up a body shape template ready to start cutting and shaping

my budget and tool shed is very limited on this so am mostly begging, borrowing and stealing from friends and family members

so far so good, I’ve access to a router, have never used one before but after weeks of reading and YouTube videos, I’m confident I could use one reasonably well

THIS, ladies and gents, is where I’ve lost my bottle COMPLETELY! I’m concerned not so much about the routing itself, maybe a bit, but the marking out and positioning of the neck, pickup and control cavities, 

so ive landed here to ask, is there anyone here the would have it he know how and ability to route the body, once it’s cut and shaped (or near as dammit)

I'm willing to pay any shipping / travelling / tool expenses and of course for your time and effort 

anyone out there willing help a poor, gutless fool at all?!