Why become a member? ×

Fender Squier Badtz-Maru Hybrid
£225

NancyJohnson

I’ve been giving a lot of thought about thinning the herd recently and for now at least this will be the last one.

This beauty started life as a Squier Badtz-Maru Bronco Bass.  I just wanted a nice funky short scale that fit the band’s then fun demographic; something I could pick up and track with when I was recording at home and something I could gig that might give someone a smile.  It’s had a strange history; the original bass suffered catastrophic headstock failure when I was enlarging the machine head holes to replace the original tuners, so after a while I bought a loaded maple Squier Mustang neck from the US and fitted that.  Bought a Fender ‘F’ neck-plate.

Replaced the original stock Musicmaster bridge and then replaced that with a Fender Mustang bridge.  (Disclaimer: There are some extra holes under the bridge but these aren’t really visible.)  The stock Stratocaster pickup has been replaced with a hotter Wilkinson unit (I think it's a Hotrails thing, but I can't be certain)  Oh, and I fitted Dunlop Straploks.

Given I could just break the bass down and sell the constituent add-on parts separately, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to let the whole thing go for £225, maybe a tenner for shipping, especially considering the stock bass is selling for way more on Gumtree and eBay.  Just need it gone now really.  Needless to say, as usual, it's incredibly well set up, immediately playable and it looks pretty f*cking cool.  I'll also through in a long Levy's polypropylene strap.

The bass is in great condition; a handful of small surface glazing, no dings whatsoever.  There’s no gigbag or anything, but I can easily take the neck off for shipping.  My wrapping skills are legendary here, so it should be fine.

20180831_133727.jpg

20180831_133747.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...