Why become a member? ×

Procrastination part 2 - or an interesting odd bass story

Bridgehouse

The stars could be aligning - I saw a gorgeous Shuker fretless on the marketplace earlier...

If, however, your heart changes back towards Gibson-style things and you want to keep the costs down, you could always do what I did - get an Epiphone EB-3 (or EB-0 if you're set on short scale), and swap out the stock mudbucker for a DiMarzio Model One. Works really well with a nice valve head, especially if you've the patience to wire up the coil tap option for a bit more versatility.

Just now, EliasMooseblaster said:

The stars could be aligning - I saw a gorgeous Shuker fretless on the marketplace earlier...

If, however, your heart changes back towards Gibson-style things and you want to keep the costs down, you could always do what I did - get an Epiphone EB-3 (or EB-0 if you're set on short scale), and swap out the stock mudbucker for a DiMarzio Model One. Works really well with a nice valve head, especially if you've the patience to wire up the coil tap option for a bit more versatility.

I've seen that too - crikey Lordy it's beautiful.

Not sure I'll have completed the other two deals in time for the cash to be in to bag it though :(