Why become a member? ×

Genzler 2-10 Array Cab

bassace

I rate this cab very highly, it is now my go to cab. It’s got a great frequency range, is ‘quick’ and pushes out a lot of sound. So much that I can get away with just one cab on all my gigs, even the loud ones. So you can find my second, redundant, cab in the amps and cabs for sale section if interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, they are indeed great cabs. Using two, whose principal function is to get the cab closer to ear level, is perhaps an under use of the bottom cab. I found when I did this that the two cones induced feedback more readily than using just one.

But there are definite advantages to be gained by raising the cab. As well as bringing closer to ear level you get get improved clarity by decoupling the cab from the stage, especially when it’s carpeted. For a lot of in-and-out gigs I simply stick the cab on the floor but I have just knocked up a stand, using a modified speaker tripod. When I get time I’ll see how it performs with a mic mixed it. Should resist feedback very well.

07CE9A02-C421-4C5A-8FB9-839988140C3A.thumb.jpeg.397b6466bb882ab03a3864dad06f6f79.jpeg

37 minutes ago, bassace said:

Yes, they are indeed great cabs. Using two, whose principal function is to get the cab closer to ear level, is perhaps an under use of the bottom cab. I found when I did this that the two cones induced feedback more readily than using just one.

But there are definite advantages to be gained by raising the cab. As well as bringing closer to ear level you get get improved clarity by decoupling the cab from the stage, especially when it’s carpeted. For a lot of in-and-out gigs I simply stick the cab on the floor but I have just knocked up a stand, using a modified speaker tripod. When I get time I’ll see how it performs with a mic mixed it. Should resist feedback very well.

07CE9A02-C421-4C5A-8FB9-839988140C3A.thumb.jpeg.397b6466bb882ab03a3864dad06f6f79.jpeg

These cabinets are great sounding I have to agree. My attention is turned to your stand though! Is it a custom made top to hold the cabinet or did you buy it like that, if so do you have a link?

Thank you in advance.

p.s. I really want to try the 4x10 version of the cabinet for electric bass at some point.

• Thanks 1

Under use? I don't entirely agree. The interaction with the floor helps the low end. So you get a good spatial and frequency spread which perhaps matters a bit more with a big band where I can be stuck behind a few band members. If you are thinking of buying this cab, do it!

dood,

It’s possible to cut a top hat into the base of the cab but that would entail getting into the innards to make sure the damping material wasn’t unduly disturbed. As with a previous Wizzy10 I knocked up a shelf for the cab to sit on. It’s located by its weight (21 lbs) and corner notches. Here’s a pic of the underside. You can find the bracket online.EDFC61E5-606D-4F12-91C9-B5A295AC372C.thumb.jpeg.26b3e0b0299d51179a38dbd9e19b97b3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/07/2018 at 14:53, bassace said:

dood,

It’s possible to cut a top hat into the base of the cab but that would entail getting into the innards to make sure the damping material wasn’t unduly disturbed. As with a previous Wizzy10 I knocked up a shelf for the cab to sit on. It’s located by its weight (21 lbs) and corner notches. Here’s a pic of the underside. You can find the bracket online.EDFC61E5-606D-4F12-91C9-B5A295AC372C.thumb.jpeg.26b3e0b0299d51179a38dbd9e19b97b3.jpeg

Spot on sir! Thank you very much for taking the time to post a picture too! :)