Double bass tutor wanted south east london

JadeT

Hi there,

I'm new to the world of bass and basschat so some friendly advice will be much appreciated!

I want to get my boyfriend a double bass lesson to surprise him for his birthday. He's turning 45 and has been playing Jazz on the electric bass for 10 years now, he wanted to test out the double bass to see how it is, but he won't have a DB of his own to practise on. We live in SE London but I'm sure he wouldn't be too adverse to travelling a little. Is there any good tutors around that might have a spare double bass for their students that you guys might know?  

Thanks! Jade

Edited by JadeT

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lavuta
      Antique 3/4 double bass: Tyrolean and 'blockless wonders' old basses that were made without a neck block and emanate from the Tyrol, Germany and Bohemia.
      I want to sell this beautiful Tyrol/Bohemian 3/4 double bass, which is about 200 years old. 
      Made in the region of Europe. Nice brown-yellow varnish. Recently restored and in top condition October 6 2020.
      Many instruments of this type and quality have had a particularly difficult life. 
      The original body of the double bass 4/4  the was once deliberately modified to 3/4. In my opinion for solo play, jazz and improvised music.
      This a very solid double bass and ready for playing. Visual and audio reference visit.  
      Body length 105 cm
      Rib depth 17 cm
      Upper bouts 53 cm
      Center bouts 40 cm
      Lower bouts 65 cm
      String length 103 cm
      If you have questions, please write - (The price for transport depends on the distance).                     
      Antique 3/4 double bass Tyrol/Bohemian - opened for offers.

• By jossmh
      A 7/8 size 5 string bass with a very big sound and a lot of clarity. The bass is in great condition with an adjustable bridge and comes with a Kinsman stand and high quality padded soft case. Fitted with Pirastro Chromcor strings - here is a description from the bassbags website:
      "The Eastman VB200 is a violin pattern 5 string double bass that is entirely carved from solid wood with figured Maple used for the back & ribs, and Spruce for the top. The fingerboard and top nut are both ebony. We fit an ebony tailpiece with a steel rope tailwire and an A grade quality bridge."
      Please feel free to get in touch with any questions!

• By d_g
      I'm selling this David Gage Realist Copperhead pickup. This is the pro standard pickup for double bass, very feedback resistant and good round sound. This one has been mounted on my spare bass so has had very little use.
      Looking for £120 posted and insured in the UK.
      Or pickup from Chessington, KT9.
      Any questions, give me a shout.
      Thanks
      Dan