Why become a member? ×

Looking to borrow/hire a Wal fretless for October recording session

johnthebassist

Hi All

Thanks for clicking and reading.  Bit of an odd one, this...

I'm due to record album #3 with a long-term original project in Sept/Oct this year (dates TBC).  I intend to record a number of tracks on a fretless and I think that unmistakeable, inimitable Wal tone would be perfect...but I can't wait two years for Paul to build me one and I don't have £5k to buy one anyway!  

Does anybody know of anybody (individual or hire company) who might consider hiring such an instrument out to me for a week or so?  Of course I'd be more than happy to pay a fair rate....and supply any ID, proof of address required...and a reasonable deposit.  More than happy to supply details of the project by PM.

If you think this post would better suit a different section of this website, please do shout.

Any word-spreading/suggestions/tagging would be enormously appreciated.

Many thanks!

John

1 minute ago, walbassist said:

Given how close you are to Wal HQ, why not ask Paul if he can loan you one?

Cheers!  That's the next step on my list :)  I've been over to his workshop before and he was fantastic and patient.  I shall write him a very nice email.  Thanks for the suggestion!