Why become a member? ×

Quality Schaller Bridge For Sale##SOLD##

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='338566' date='Nov 27 2008, 03:51 PM']would this fit on a fender p body without much messing about? Is it like the badass? no strings through the body job?[/quote]Yep this came off a jazz and fixes via 3 screws rather than five and uses the outer and middle holes in ur bass as far as i know. Its very heavy and solid

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='338593' date='Nov 27 2008, 04:12 PM']Yep this came off a jazz and fixes via 3 screws rather than five and uses the outer and middle holes in ur bass as far as i know.[/quote]

These are great bridges - but having fitted one on a J, unfortunately that's not right. They have a 3-screw fitting, however to intonate properly these are about 7mm back from the standard ones & do [b]not[/b] line up with them. You will need to drill new holes.

However - these bridges are intended to be retrofitted to Ps & Js so to that end, under the saddles there are 2 additional screwholes which line up with holes 2 & 4 from your bent tin bridge - screw it on using these & marking the new holes you have to drill is a doddle. :)

Jon.

Many thanks Jon. That really is invaluable advice. I may take a few picks for some help if needed. I am expecting a Jap P body any day now and this bridge is the first piece of the jigsaw. It's my first bass project so I am very excited and posting a lot of anal questions. It does look like a great bridge though.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='339039' date='Nov 27 2008, 11:03 PM']These are great bridges - but having fitted one on a J, unfortunately that's not right. They have a 3-screw fitting, however to intonate properly these are about 7mm back from the standard ones & do [b]not[/b] line up with them. You will need to drill new holes.

However - these bridges are intended to be retrofitted to Ps & Js so to that end, under the saddles there are 2 additional screwholes which line up with holes 2 & 4 from your bent tin bridge - screw it on using these & marking the new holes you have to drill is a doddle. :)

Jon.[/quote]I bow to assasins superior knowledge, and apologies if i unknowingly gave you wrong info. :huh: