Gardenerben

Bass Collection - P Bass - Price Drop - Sold
£200

Bass Collection P bass, good condition.

Bought with a view to upgrading and tinkering a bit, but in the end I haven't touched a thing as it is a good straightforward P bass that does everything it should perfectly well. I think it's all original but there are no ashtrays with it. Wearing a new set of D'Addario Nickel Wound's 45 to 100.

Can provide hard case so can post/courier in UK at buyers expense or collection from PE8.

DSCN3367.JPG

DSCN3368.JPG

DSCN3370.JPG

DSCN3371.JPG

DSCN3373.JPG

Edited by Gardenerben
Price Drop

Measuring dimensions they match up with the bass centre website (Power bass), I cannot verify the age of the bass and I am not the first owner but the website has woods as body = basswood, neck = maple (satin finish Super slim 60's profile) and fingerboard as rosewood (the fingerboard is on the grey/green side of rosewood not the red side).  :

40mm Neck width at Nut

57mm neck width at 12th fret

Neck Depth 20mm @ 1st fret

Neck Depth 22mm @ 12th fret

Bathroom scales have this one coming out at 3.9kg website guide is 4.1kg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By simontdo
      Shuker P Bass 2018
      Black, mint condition.
      Spec is as follows:
      34" scale
      20 frets
      maple neck
      maple f/board
      two way truss rod
      carbon fibre reinforcement
      White Ash body
      Seymour Duncan quarter-pounder pickups.
      Weight is 9lb 8oz 

As you would expect, it plays flawlessly.
      Sorry, No trades

• By maprie
      SOLD
      Selling a Bass Collection 5-string, made in Japan 1988. I believe it is an SB505. There is no indication of the model number anywhere on the bass, but I found some catalogue pages on Talkbass and here on Basschat that match it.
      Sen (Japanese Ash) body, 3-piece neck, brass nut, ebony fingerboard, Gotoh hardware (3D adjustable bridge), 2-band active electronics. Condition is pretty good, some buckle rash and small dents, but no large gouges (see pics). The nut is loose and is held in place by the strings, needs to be fixed eventually.
      The bass is located in Bielefeld, Germany.
      Collection preferred, but I'm willing to post within the EU, at buyer's expense. I'll put it into a padded gigbag for shipping.

• By Jorge MS
      US made Fender Highway One P Bass from 2006-2007 in black. Great condition with minor blemishes as shown in the pictures. This has a nitro finish, Badass Bridge and a great neck. Recently restrung with Fender 7250, 45-100. Comes with TGI ABS hardshell case.
      Collection from Sevenoaks, or can arrange pick up from central London.
      £645 ONO

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks
      Encore Fretless P Bass & hard case for sale. 
      £SOLD 
      I bought this Encore Fretless P Bass about 2 years ago for a band I was in at the time that did a few mid 70s Joni Mitchell type songs where the fretless style of playing and fretless sound was a big part of the music..
      Unfortunately, the band didn't stay together long and my interest in - and opportunity to play fretless bass - kind of went with it... 
      So, I figure the best thing now is to move it on to someone who can make better use of what is in fact, a surprisingly good bass for relatively little money !
      Tonally, it sounds like a P Bass should and the pick up is quite loud and punchy. 
      As you can see in the photos, the bass has been stripped back to a natural wood finish (which has been lightly oiled or varnished) and it's been done very well indeed.. In my opinion, it has really enhanced the look of the instrument.
      In fact, the quality of the build of this bass is quite surprising given that is a budget brand bass.. In particular, the rosewood fingerboard on this bass is really good and it has a lot of life left in it too..
      From looking at the fingerboard, I'm not sure whether or not this was originally a fretted bass that's been very professionally defretted or not, but whatever, it's a very nice piece of wood! 
      I bought it on Gumtree from a chap who said he'd inherited it from his dad who'd quite recently passed away..  Apparently, his dad had owned it for quite a long time and had the modifications done to the body.
      It could probably do with a decent set up but despite that, it actually plays pretty well. At the moment, it's currently fitted with some flatwound strings on it which sound great. Not sure what brand they are but they remind me of a set of La Bella flats I had fitted on a fretted P Bass a few years ago..
      So that's it really; this is a well-made and very usable fretless bass for not too much money and if you're interested and would like to know more, please ask away here or send me a PM.
      The bass is available to view and test by prior arrangement and I'm located in the Littlehampton, West Sussex area. 
      Collection preferred but I can send by insured  courier service at buyer's expense if necessary.. 
      Thanks for looking, as ever ! 😊
      Nik