Left leaderboard
Gardenerben

Bass Collection - P Bass - Price Drop - Sold
£200

Bass Collection P bass, good condition.

Bought with a view to upgrading and tinkering a bit, but in the end I haven't touched a thing as it is a good straightforward P bass that does everything it should perfectly well. I think it's all original but there are no ashtrays with it. Wearing a new set of D'Addario Nickel Wound's 45 to 100.

Can provide hard case so can post/courier in UK at buyers expense or collection from PE8.

DSCN3367.JPG

DSCN3368.JPG

DSCN3370.JPG

DSCN3371.JPG

DSCN3373.JPG

Edited by Gardenerben
Price Drop

Measuring dimensions they match up with the bass centre website (Power bass), I cannot verify the age of the bass and I am not the first owner but the website has woods as body = basswood, neck = maple (satin finish Super slim 60's profile) and fingerboard as rosewood (the fingerboard is on the grey/green side of rosewood not the red side).  :

40mm Neck width at Nut

57mm neck width at 12th fret

Neck Depth 20mm @ 1st fret

Neck Depth 22mm @ 12th fret

Bathroom scales have this one coming out at 3.9kg website guide is 4.1kg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dodge_bass
      PRICE DROP £775

For sale or for trade - black and maple Squire JV bass (82-84 - not 100% sure of the year). In great condition with just a couple of small dings (biggest one in picture). Original white scratch plate included (this is a black Bass Doc one). It's a lovely bass, sounds vintage as it should with flats and is a lovely weight at 4.19kg. The neck is just a little too wide for me otherwise I'd keep it. Currently strung with low tension Thomastic flats - if you don't want them I'll knock £50 off and stick on some old Fender flats. It's set up for these low tension strings though so it may need a setup if you decide to change the strings. It came with normal flats on and had a nice action on it. No case as such but we can figure out the best way to courier it if we need be (I can source an old hard case or maybe a meet up). 
      I'd really love a 5 string bass and if at all possible a single cut as I want to try playing with a high C and have always fancied a single cut. But try me. Could also be persuaded to add cash or accept a bit of cash if the trade was right.
      PM me with any Q's.

• By red mozzy
      In good condition, works as it should, no major dings. Fitted with well worn in Rotosound jazz flats. It’s only been played in the house for the 2 years I’ve had it. 
      Bridge and pick up covers fitted by the previous owner. There is a small mark by the bridge probably caused by a tiny bit of rust or something under the bridge  cover. It might come off with the right cleaner. 
      Comes with a hard case.
      No trades.
      Will ship at cost.    
    • By Bass Wielder
      Note: Now two for sale....can negotiate if both bought together (wink,wink).
      Read the following info. It’s as best to my knowledge. They are now passive basses with switching. (to be clear).
      1) SB615: Natural 5 string fretted: oil finish walnut on maple body, 3 piece maple neck with Ebony fingerboard, SGC jazz pickups, brass nut, gold hardware, passive electronics with vol, tone, 4 way switch (single bridge/neck, dual parallel/series).
      *Near or at the top of the BC range (if I’m not mistaken).
      *In great condition. (few things here and there but nothing major).
      *Plays like a dream with low easy action.
      *Low B shifts air (even for a 34") but quite tight sound.
      *Has that Jazz bass growl in spades (I dare say out-jazzes a lot out there)
      *Converted to passive with some clever switching.(I don't have original electronics but regarded by most to be a weak point)
      *45mm nut, 18/19mm string spacing
      * £425 (reduced but no gig bag, unless I fing a decent one to give. My son took the last one)
      2) SB505: Transluscent Brown stained ash body with matching headstock, 5 string fretted 3 piece maple neck/Ebony fingerboard, gold hardware, brass nut, Humbucker pickups x2, passive with Vol/tone/blend and 4 way switching.
      *In near mint condition
      *Low easy action with smooth tone and a lovely B. Less growl that the above bass but just as great to find different tones with switching.
      *Converted to passive with some clever switching.(I don't have original electronics but regarded by most to be a weak point)
      *45mm nut, 18/19mm string spacing
      *£395 no gig bag
      Collection from Aylesbury or buyer arranged courier. (...eep)
      Feel free to ask away for more info, and decent offers but not trading at the moment.

• By theshape101
      Selling this rare medium scale Squier P Bass. It’s an E serial number (just after the JV series) from the mid 80’s as far as I know. Plays and sounds great. Easy to play too with the medium 32” scale as it’s more compact than a regular P and it’s nice and light too at 7.5lbs! Has quite a few chips and dings but I guess that’s to be expected for a 35 years old bass!
      Comes with a Fender gigbag. 

I’m not looking for any trades!

• By Atomic dustbin
      Fender CS 51 vintage custom p bass for sale only. No trades thanks. All case candy except lead. Hang tags, plectrums, strap, C.O.A all present.  Case mint. Bass in A1 excellent  condition, just 2 tiny dinks behind the bridge which I have shown in photos. I caused the second one by putting the ashtray on backwards this week. Stupid mistake....hence the price reduction. This is my dream bass, bought it and guess what.......I still don’t have the time to play due to work commitments. I can only see one more second hand one which is 3k. I will just stick with my old stingray for the odd time I get a chance to play at home. I guess the word ‘rare’ is used a lot in ads for musical equipment. Strung with flats and set up perfectly. Any questions please ask. I’m in no rush at all to sell. I have bought and sold a few times on Basschat ( sold my last CS precision to Walshy) . Due to the high value it has to be collection only from East Yorkshire or Possibly York. Definitely no trades thanks. Big Price drop £2275.