Why become a member? ×

Cases for X2 basses

Elfrasho

What's people's thoughts on cases for 2 bass guitars?  How practical are they? Are they big clumsy things that are only really good for storage and short journeys back and forth to the car? Or are they perfectly fine? 

Never had one, and none of my bass playing mates use one, so not really got a chance to test them out! 

I know not all cases are created equal, but I'd like to hear about any recommendations! 

If you want serious protection then I’m sure many people will suggest the Mono dual case, though they aren’t cheap. The Gator ProGo Dual case is in the same league protection-wise, however I discovered that the Gator is significantly deeper than the Mono, making it more awkward to carry/wear transport. I think Fusion May do a double bag as well but I haven’t seen one in the flesh so couldn’t comment.

If you want something with more protection than a typical gigbag but less protection than the aforementioned cases, MTD make a dual case which in my opinion is just excellent. It’s really nicely padded with leather handles & details and is actually quite comfortable to wear due to the strap attachment points - I find this particularly beneficial as I’m very tall so the headstock of the bass doesn’t stick up over my head! The most practical “day to day use” double bag I’ve come across, particularly if you’re walking around a lot or using public transport.

Bass Direct sell all but the Fusions so if you’re anywhere near them it would be worth checking em out to compare for yourself.