Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision: Capri Orange (Japan 2000) £550
£550

three

Gorgeous Fender P (Japan) from around 2000 in Capri Orange - my favourite of the International Colour series and an incredibly cool '70s vibe.  I had a Slazenger tennis racquet cover in this colour back in the day - loved it then and love it now.

This is a Fender Japan PB70US thus has the US pickup.  Build quality is superb and the weight and balance make this an easy player over an extended period (best I can get for the weight is around 8.7lbs). 

The bass is in very good condition indeed and only on close inspection it becomes evident that there are a few minor bruises.  These are just indentations and nothing has broken the (gorgeous) paint job.  All the hardware is in excellent condition.  The neck is lovely (1.625" nut so B width) and reassuringly robust but with quite a flat and slender profile - fairly effortless playing and no fighting with neck dimensions - it feels very 'natural'.  The neck has a slab rosewood board (dark, rich chocolate colour with nice figuring if not really a '70s feature) but I've seen a few such boards on Japanese 70s Ps - worth a look on Pinterest or similar.  Actually fairly desirable to me - I prefer these over veneer boards. 

The bass was in fantastic order when it arrived with me but I've effected the following changes:

BBOT bridge replaced with Hipshop Kickass in nickel (massive improvement for me in terms of adjustability)

Silver pickguard screws replaced with black - in keeping with the original international series aesthetic

Pro set-up (with the new bridge) with D'addario 40-95 nickels - still zingy, clean and almost new

The bass plays extremely well - low action, fantastic intonation (you'd hope so) and a fast, slick neck.   The tone is very much '70s P from thick thump to open loud growl (the tone control is very effective).  The look - if you like this kind of thing - is very cool.  The '70s TV logo is a thing of beauty to me.

The bass will be supplied with a very decent Warwick Rockbag padded bag.  All original parts are also included in the sale (screws, bridge and I think there's a thumb rest but no ashtrays).  Collection is from Manchester or Birmingham or I should be able to ship at cost in the UK (though I'll need to source an appropriate box).  No trades thanks and the price is fixed - actually a bit of a bargain considering what I paid for the bass and what I've spent on it subsequently.  In sum, an extremely cool bass in great overall condition - looks fantastic, plays beautifully well and sounds superb. 

F2.jpg

F1.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

F6.jpg

F7.jpg

F5.jpg

F8.jpg

F9.jpg

F10.jpg

Edited by three
title change