Why become a member? ×

Difference between Markbass Super Synth models

prowla

I'm pretty sure there was no change to the innards - if there had been, I suspect that Markbass would no doubt have made a song and dance of the new capabilities of the post 2015 model!

The external feature set including i/o and description of pre and post 2015 models on the Markbass website seem identical.

When looking into your Q just now, I also came across this post on the other forum - it's a very decent / fair review of the v1 of the pedal (which I think was released in Dec 2009), but he could just as easily be talking about the v2 (post 2015) pedal, which I have.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/synthquest-the-markbass-super-synth.725126/

Are you about to get your hands on one?

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I'm pretty sure there was no change to the innards - if there had been, I suspect that Markbass would no doubt have made a song and dance of the new capabilities of the post 2015 model!

The external feature set including i/o and description of pre and post 2015 models on the Markbass website seem identical.

When looking into your Q just now, I also came across this post on the other forum - it's a very decent / fair review of the v1 of the pedal (which I think was released in Dec 2009), but he could just as easily be talking about the v2 (post 2015) pedal, which I have.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/synthquest-the-markbass-super-synth.725126/

Are you about to get your hands on one?

Thanks - I couldn't find any info, but I may be going to check a v1 one out this evening...

I've got a Boss SYB-5, which I didn't really connect with, and an EH Synth 9, which has some great preset sounds (especially the Oberheim), but I fancy something more synthy.

I've also got an Aguilar octave pedal, but it sometimes loses track, so I'm interested in trying out the octave function too.

The seller has it posted at £150, but I think that's a bit steep.

Hey - the seller is not going to thank me, but I'd agree that for a v1 that is steep; v2 do go for around that price typically, but I'd expect a v1 to be a fair bit less (age, discontinued model etc) these days.

The Aggie Octaver is much loved by quite a few BCers, but my first choice remains the COG T16.

I don't think the octave on the MB SS is anything much to write home about though, it's certainly not pushed my T16 off the board. For me it's the editable synth using the freely available to download PC software, where the 'action' is - I'm looking forward to getting to grips with mine. It's just a shame that although it's got three oscillators they are all sawtooth waveforms!