Why become a member? ×

Orange ad200b mk3, reduced.
£925

Jonse

Lovely all valve Orange up for sale. 

I've owned and used this for a few months at band rehearsal but I'm moving it on since picking up a Traynor Yba-300 which I prefer.  

Cosmetically the amp is in excellent condition, there's a small nick in the tolex on the front (pictured) and that's about it. 

The rubber encased metal strap-handle on top shows sign of use, however it works fine. I've never trusted these personally and insisted on making a necessary improvement by adding the two large handles on the side (supplied by Ampstack.) These are mounted off-centre ensuring that the amp's centre of gravity remains balanced. With these handles the amp is (almost) a joy to lift, after all, it does weigh 26.5kg. 

Valves sound very good and deliver ample power, I'm not certain how old the valves are but there's still plenty of life in them - no pops or odd noises. Pots are smooth without crackle. 

There's a tatty vinyl cover included that does the job, I'll also include the relevant power and speaker cables. 

PAT test expired this January. 

Somewhat sad about moving this on as I really do like the sound however I can't justify owning two valve behemoths. I'll definitely miss the excellent valve saturation you get at higher volume, which the Orange delivers in spades. 

Will not ship, simply too heavy and fragile. I will consider driving reasonable distances to meet, or alternatively you can come try this amp through my Barefaced 610 if you fancy deafening yourself. I am in Leicester.

Offers considered, no trades though thanks, too much gear already. 

Thanks for looking,

Chris. 

IMG_20180307_162856_01.jpg

IMG_20180307_163014_01.jpg

IMG_20180307_163000_01.jpg

Edited by Jonse

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Incredible sounding amps these - I used one a couple of years back at the Simon Says festival in Leicester thru an Ampeg 8x10 on the outdoor stage and it blew me away. Best onstage bass sound I've ever had. 

Good luck with the sale  

14 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

Incredible sounding amps these - I used one a couple of years back at the Simon Says festival in Leicester thru an Ampeg 8x10 on the outdoor stage and it blew me away. Best onstage bass sound I've ever had. 

Good luck with the sale  

That's weird...so did I! 

52 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

Nice! It was 2016 when I played, on the big outdoor stage thing. It was a band called The Kirkland Turn.

Same year for me, I recognise the name. I was on the indoor stage. It was probably that gig that spurred me on to get an Orange actually. 

Anyway, 

Amp now on hold. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...