Why become a member? ×

US Standard Fender Precision, sunburst & maple *sold*
£925

FinnDave

Bass sold (well, part exchanged for an Alembic!).

Continuing my cull of basses I have bought which I have not been using enough to justify the space they take in my house. This is a fine 2012 Fender US Standard Precision bass in sunburst with a maple fretboard. Sounds, looks, and feels exactly as a Precision bass should. Comes with a Fender hard case.

There is a small chip in the paint, on the edge above the pickup, which has been touched up since the picture was taken, but the slight depression caused by the loss of paint has not been filled in. To be fair, you'd have to be shown where it is, as it is not obvious to the naked eye.

I bought the bass from a basschatter last Autumn, and it has seen very little use since I got it home. Soon after buying it, I was offered a similar bass but with a rosewood fingerboard, and I generally prefer rosewood to maple, so I am keeping my two US Precisions with rosewood boards and selling those with maple (one has already been sold).

I am reluctant to post/courier this, and would prefer the buyer to collect from my house between Abingdon and Witney in West Oxfordshire so that they can try it out through a decent  amp and cab.

5a94148c097ae_IMG_1094(1).thumb.jpg.18c54d56ac9224c286d4d7fe012c69b9.jpg

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'll be in south Devon next week (between Newton Abbott and Totnes) and can bring this with me, so if anyone in that area is interested in this, they can buy it without worrying about collection or couriers, etc. 

Edited by FinnDave

• 3 weeks later...