Why become a member? ×

Ashdown five fifteen combo issue

ArcaNe

Hi! I’ve acquired a Ashdown combo but there seems to be no sound output from the speaker, I’ve tested the headphone and the ext speaker out and they both work I’ve took the amp apart and checked for loose connections and all seems to be in order, any ideas what it could be? 

D541A2A9-A334-46BA-86D8-7E9950C9C869.jpeg

92049147-9175-46D2-B3E5-0A4AD3BB6D1B.jpeg

0002468F-32D8-4601-9666-BE91E28FBBE5.jpeg

0002468F-32D8-4601-9666-BE91E28FBBE5.jpeg

9BD99433-6670-4892-A571-2E582C6C21B1.jpeg

Try this:

Remove the wires from the internal speaker from the amp's PCB. Connect those internal speaker cables to the external speaker out - you'll need to fashion a cable with a jack/speakon to connect to the ext speaker plug ans bare wires on the other end to wrap aroung the internal speaker wire lugs - try it.

If it doesn´t work:
- bad speaker or wire, needs fixing or replacing.

If it works:
- problem with the PCB not sending signal to the internal speaker >>> ckeck for dry solders or take it to a tech.
- problem with the headphone jack, most likely the lug that mutes the amp when connecting the headphone has become loose ang got stuck in a mute position >>> probably not this issue as you said that the ext speaker out is working, it should be muted too.