Why become a member? ×

Two Notes Le Bass (now with power supply!) **SOLD**
£150

Bigwan

I've bitten the bullet and have a Helix incoming so I need have a clear out.

Up first I have the brilliant Two Notes Le Bass. I've had this a few months and been very impressed by it - much more my cup of tea than the Darkglass pedals I've owned. Interesting feature set. I LOVE the cold fusion mode. Lots of people saying good things on here about these. I'd like to keep it as, for me (IME, IMHO, YMMV), it wipes the floor with the other DI pedals I've owned (Behringer BDI21, Hartke Bass Attack, Darkglass B7K, Darkglass Vintage Ultra, Sansamp VT Deluxe), but finances will not allow.

Note it "requires" 12v power - I don't have the original PSU as it was supplied to me with an 18v adapter in error (-ve feedback supplied on eBay since I'd specifically asked the seller about the PSU as the listing showed box and pedal but no wall wart). I have found it worked just fine with my 9v 1000mA pedal brick but it's something to be aware of.

I have sourced a replacement 12v 2A power supply which is incoming and will be included in the sale, but the pedal works fine with 9v supply of sufficient current (500mA) if you prefer.

As you can see from my extremely amateurish photos it's pretty much as new. a few little marks on the face, velcro on the back, with box and aftermarket PSU.

£150 posted in the UK, anywhere else I'll have to get a quote.

Only trades I'm really interested in are for parts for my P-bass build - vintage spec pickups, hardware (1/2" Ultralites, bridge, pickguard), etc, but you can always try me!

IMG_20180222_223323.thumb.jpg.3c4a9ce6252dd6230d34ef551be6e2f1.jpgIMG_20180222_223338.thumb.jpg.bd99453e0d22ee795a285063847f2cc5.jpgIMG_20180222_223331.thumb.jpg.6aebbaf45d7ccdc686919e9550cadb0c.jpg

Edited by Bigwan

From Two Notes:

What power supply do I need for the Le Preamp series ?

Solution

If you wish to use a power adapter other than the one provided with your Le Preamp pedal, here are the specifications it will need to respect:

• Voltage: 9 or 12 V DC. The power supply needs to be Direct Current (DC), you cannot use an Alternating Current (AC) power supply. You have to use a regulated power supply. 12V is preferred, but 9V should work ok too. Expect a little loss of headroom at the output stage.

• Current: 500 mA or more. The Le Preamp series pedals use 500 mA of electric current. Any power supply delivering less than 500 mA will not be able to provide enough electric current and will not function, or may undergo some damages. A power supply delivering more than 500 mA can be used.

• Connector: 5.5 x 2.1 mm. This is the standard-size connector for effects pedals.

• Polarity: negative center. This is the most common type of polarity for effects pedals.

So 9v/500mA will work fine if you have it.