Why become a member? ×

Quick Diago and Boss help

john_the_bass

Can anybody who has access to their Diago pedalboard give me a quick measurement from the base of the board (inside) to the edge of the lip (ie where the lid meets)?
I need to know that height so I can check if I can fit a particular pedal in a position in the chain and get clearance to put the plug in over the lip.

On the Diago site, it says internal height (not depth) is 85mm, but that seems really high - with that in mind, please can someone measure the height of the input jack on a boss pedal for me from the base as I know there is clearance with one of those.
I could do all this myself later, but I might get an opportunity to pop out and do some purchasing in a bit, before I get home to have a look!

Cheers

when i had my showman i found the board to be annoyinly high, and alot of my pedal's jacks did not clear the lip, what pedal in particular is it?

i think i remeber electro harmonix xo pedals not clearing it off top of my head...

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='331346' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:06 AM']Can anybody who has access to their Diago pedalboard give me a quick measurement from the base of the board (inside) to the edge of the lip (ie where the lid meets)?
I need to know that height so I can check if I can fit a particular pedal in a position in the chain and get clearance to put the plug in over the lip.

On the Diago site, it says internal height (not depth) is 85mm, but that seems really high - with that in mind, please can someone measure the height of the input jack on a boss pedal for me from the base as I know there is clearance with one of those.
I could do all this myself later, but I might get an opportunity to pop out and do some purchasing in a bit, before I get home to have a look!

Cheers[/quote]

The height of the lip, from the bottom of the inside of the case base, is approx 24mm.
I have Boss pedals butted right up against either end of the pedal board and a cable / lead will just fit over the lip without any excess strain or pressure.
See a pic of my board (and my old Diago board) [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=289&pid=330458&st=940&#entry330458"]here[/url]
I hope that makes sense!

Nice one - thank you bluesparky.
Kev, it's a Korg Pitchblack tuner, basically the input jack of that tuner needs to be at a height of 24mm from the base, which on a pedal that measures only 47mm, I don't think it's likely, unless I attach something to the bottom of the pedal to raise it up a bit, which I don't want to do