Why become a member? Read more... ×
Commercial Opportunities Read more... ×
Hazza590

DIY jaguar bass build looking for any help I can get

I'm 14 also and started building about a year ago. If you need any help with anything just contact me. Im based near derby and have some degree of a workshop and experience in building. Feel free to visit if you need anything routed or whatever.

On 2/9/2018 at 21:01, Hazza590 said:

Does anyone have a jag that they could draw around so I have a template for the body

Do your own designs, its not terribly difficult. How do you plan on cutting and shaping the body?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ashaby
      Matamp Green 2400W 8x10 bass speaker cabinet. This cab sounds fantastic and will handle any amp head you put on top of it. With a massive 2400W maximum output, this cab sounds fantastic no matter how hard you want to drive your amp head. With wheels and a handle, this cab is portable and easy to get in/out of venues. Very solid build with signs of use/wear as it has been toured for the last 4 years and never ever let me down. All speaker cones work perfectly and speakon input at rear is in perfect working order. 
      In the photo I have tried to get a close up of what looks like a tear in the top right speaker as you look at the cabinet. This is not a tear, and does not effect the sound in anyway, it is just an aesthetic mark/scratch. Closer inspection is welcome.
      I’m selling the cab as I no longer use it and don’t have room to store it at home, therefore it is taking up room in an in laws garage until it finds a new owner. It’s time for someone else to use it and enjoy what it has to offer.
      No time wasters please, only serious enquiries. Feel free to ask any further questions or ask about anything I may have forgotten to mention.
      This cab has honestly been a fantastic part of my backline and has honestly been reliable and never ever glitched or let me down in anyway. Genuinely sad to see it go as they don’t build them like this anymore but as I mentioned, it’s just taking up room and not getting any use anymore. Pick up only due to size and weight of item.

• By TorVic
      395GBP (shipping included in price)
      A perfect specimen. In excellent condition. Will ship in a generic gig bag packed in a cardboard box.
      (I am located in The Hague, Netherlands. My feedback history: http://basschat.co.uk/user/17989-torvic/)
      Alder Body, Carved maple top, maple neck, maple fretboard - 21 frets, G&L USA pickups and 9V preamp
      (Note: The black strings shown in the photos have been changed now to regular strings)

• By Jaime Tortosa
      Hello everybody. I come here to ask if there's any metalhead that likes or plays bass here in the forum. I think it is important that we form a union. 
      And, I let you know of mu youtube channel, where I upload bassmetal videos weekly. Come if you like metal bass.  The kink:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdzGmH8kV1A4ggge-TquZDg
      Comment here, let's know who likes metal bass in the forum!!
    • By TAzMilitello
      FOR SALE 'cause instruments excess this wonderful and all original 1986 Fender Jazz Bass Special "PJ-555" by Japan production + HIPSTOT DETUNER.
      LAST PRICE DROP TO 900€ (Euros)  = about 800£ (GBP) SHIP COSTS EXCLUDED!
      I am very struggling to give it away... I prefer NO trades, thanks!
      Famous bass model used by Duff McKagan on Guns'n Roses. Here in a awesome slightly glittered military green finished body!
      It have also original tuners and an Hipshot BT-2 De-tuner (same model of original one, also difficult to find).

Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.

Photo of bass here  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byfck43M-h2wS0pPV25ENTRnVTA

Jazz bass shape maple neck with gloss black finish and rosewood fretboard.
      34" scale, alder Precision Bass shape body. Total weight: 4.2Kg.
      Original 6 mm pole PJ pickups and passive electronics (neck PU volume, bridge PU volume, tone and TBX control with 3 way switch).
      Frets, wiring and all parts have been controlled by a specialized luthier.

Really wonderfully resonant woods, fully functional, it has no problems, great conditions for a 1986 bass! The conditions are really good for the many years of work! It has also the original 5 holes bolt on plate (4 screws and 1 neck adjustment hole) and a Fender branded plate one. Very balanced, clear and defined tone, great sound, slim neck! It come with a padded gigbag and 0.45-1.05 D'Addario stainless steel strings.

Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including anti shock packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)
    • By BCH
      Price Drop: £2000
      This is my stunning Enfield Cannon 4 string bass with Super 8 pickup & case. I was very lucky to buy this new in 2010, its in excellent condition & has been kept in a smoke free studio. It is set up by Auden guitars.
      Martin Simms designed this unique bass in 2008, the quality of components, build & finish is of the highest quality. Martin has finished 3 of my basses over the years. I view him as one of the top bass luthiers. The Cannon model is top of the range custom built, this one is stunning to look at blending from the sunburst finish front to the blue back...The top is made from English Sycamore that came from Wales. It was from a batch Martin got from a furniture maker who had the wood for over 50 years in his workshop and when he retired sold it on and we were lucky enough to receive a small quantity.   It is fab to play and the sound pallet is vast because of the Super 8 pickup design partnership with John East...any question please contact (  have some 2008+ reviews)..this is a wold class bass & a serious investment (I have inc' the price list which is now £5700), so come and try...this is why its a cash on collection   Some links http://www.enfieldguitars.com/cannon.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBujWmzlUrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0TsJ8osYoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1QIXoALQA

http://www.bassplayer.com/basses/1165/enfield-basses/25905

From Enfield web  Our Enfield Cannon was the first model we launched back in 2008 to showcase our unique Super 8 pickup. Still our flagship model they are built to the highest standard using only our best hand selected timbers. All cannon basses are built to order and are available in either 4, 5 or 6 string models.
      The cannon has been specially designed not only for the pro player but for anyone that seeks the ultimate in sound from their bass. With our Super 8 pickup and it's eight individual coil's along with our uniquely designed pre-amp built to our specifications by the renowned 'John East' ( J-Retro fame ) the cannon is perfect for any gigging or studio situation.
      Cannon Specification's
      Tone chambered body with bespoke hardware designed and produced by Enfield Guitars.
      Standard quarter inch jack and a Balanced XLR output.
      Maple neck with dual action truss rod and 25 med/jumbo frets fitted with custom prepared 'Hipshot' tuners.
      Nut Width's
      4 String Cannon = 44mm

Bass Player Review 2 PDF.pdf
      Enfield instructions page 3.pdf
      Enfield instructions page1.pdf
      Enfield instructions page2.pdf
      Enfield review 3.pdf
      Enfield review 4.pdf
      EnfieldReview1.pdf