Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warvick Streamer Stage One 1989, with EMG pic.

Annti

In comparison to a brand new Streamer it is almost the same though CNC manufacturing and hidden fret technology etc make for a more consistent bass.  New Streamers will have 3 band EQ but really it is the same bass... just much cheaper if it is old/used!  :)  

Comparing it to other new and similar priced basses is pretty pointless as you are comparing apples and oranges!  ;)  

Have you played a Warwick? They get quite a mixed reaction. If you have read up on them you will probably know what I mean.

Stramer Stage 1 will most likely be the easiest to like of the classic Warwicks. I personally only play Warwicks (ss1, SS2 and Thumb) and I much prefer the older models because of the neck profile. Depending on the price I would go for that bass but that’s just me because I like them. I personally prefer Stage 2 but that’s just a matter of opinion.

But remember it’s ok to ask about this on a forum and you will probably get as many different opinions as you get answers. Only you can really answer the question after trying.