Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Korg AX3000b

Mr.T

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a Korg AX3000b with a view to replacing my trusty old Zoom BFX708.
Having spent a couple of hours getting it 'ready to gig', here are my first impressions of the main effects I will be using...

Chorus... Nice, with lots of adjustment.
Wah... Very good for a multi.
Ring modulator (I only use this on one song)... Again very tweakable.
Drives... They seem 'useable', but.....

Here is my question:
As the unit doesn't have an EQ (Surprisingly!) I think I might run a seperate stomp box and use one of the modelled amps to tweak the tone.
If there any gigging AX3000b owners out there... How do you get around the fact that you cannot use one of the Drives and an amp for EQ'ing at the same time?
Are you running stomp boxes with it, and if so... what?

Hope that all makes sense. :)

[quote name='Mr.T' post='328901' date='Nov 14 2008, 09:51 AM']Here is my question:
As the unit doesn't have an EQ (Surprisingly!) I think I might run a seperate stomp box and use one of the modelled amps to tweak the tone.
If there any gigging AX3000b owners out there... How do you get around the fact that you cannot use one of the Drives and an amp for EQ'ing at the same time?
Are you running stomp boxes with it, and if so... what?

Hope that all makes sense. :)[/quote]

Hey I've been gigging one for nearly Two Years now so I guess I can give you some advice.

Personally I use a host of gain effects before the Korg to supplement it, Big Muff, ODB-3 and I also use the Boss GEB-7 7 band bass equaliser pedal.

So I guess through this I've never had to consider your problem, I build my sound AROUND one nice smooth, phatt amp sound with my Jazz and then use my pedals to enhance it.

Hope that helps :huh:

Rich

Thanks for the replies.

I only use 'drive' type effects on a couple of songs, so I guess I could do it either way.
i.e.....

Stomp box for drive and Korg for EQ (There seems to be a couple of 'clean' amps on the AX3000b)
or
Drive using the Korg and use my amp EQ.

I am currently thinking the first option would be simpler as I can use the 'Insert' on the Korg to run the external stomp box, and keep the whole thing operated with one foot.
Also, my amp has a 12 band graphic which I like to set-up and then leave alone.

What do you guys like/dislike about the Korg?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='329568' date='Nov 15 2008, 10:26 AM']wow, really suprised it doesnt have an eq, i wonder why korg didnt include one??[/quote]

The amps (which can be used as EQ's) and drives are in the same section, so it only seems possible to use one or the other???
.... Unless I am missing something!