Why become a member? ×

###withdrawn ### Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 250 COMBO
£250

funkydoug

Writing the ad made me realise what a great amp this is. Gonna hold onto the amp and might move the airhead combo on at a later date. Glad I saw sense before it went! 

=======

Hi, 

Selling this fab and savagely loud Trace Elliot combo. It is a Series 6 1x15 combo that has been retrofitted with a BEAST of a head, the GP12 SMX 250. The head could be removed again and used independently if you wanted, and the remaining 'air head' cab could then be used as a regular 1x15 cab. 

The dimensions are nice, it's about as wide a rack unit (19 - 20 inches). To me that means it's easy to get through doors and stairs, which is unusual with powerful combos. 

Pics to follow. 

Very clean condition,  it represents an absolute bargain. Don't be put off by the 250watt rating, this is brutally loud. It also sounds amazing, especially with the valve preamp engaged. I suspect a lot of people think trace gear sounds dated, but that's a misconception, this sounds like anything you want it to and more. Truly a beast of an amp. 

Castors and side handles make the significant weight very manageable. It comes with a Roqsolid cover. 

I'm asking what I paid on BC when I bought it recently. Only selling as I've now got the rack mount SMX preamp and want to use it with a different amp/cab combinations for different occasions. 

Happy to deliver within an hour of Newcastle if you cover the fuel cost or to use a courier at the buyers expense and risk, although it may be too heavy for most courier deals. 

This is the thread I bought it from, for reference:  

Edited by funkydoug