Why become a member? ×

SOLD. And it hurt like hell.......Geddy Lee USA Fender Jazz bass.
£1295

vinorange

Ouch. That hurt like hell. I nearly cried but it's gone to a good home. Thanks Jay.

This is going to hurt but I have had to abruptly stop playing and so up for grabs is my immaculate 2015 Geddy Lee USA Fender Jazz Bass with all the case candy and original USA deluxe case. In black with oiled maple neck with white pearloid block inlays, white pearloid scratch plate, Geddy Lee signature high mass bridge and 2 vintage voiced custom USA pick ups.

It is by far the best jazz bass I've owned and probably the best bass I've owned. Far superior to the Mex and Jap versions it is simply joyous to play. It's so nice that I wouldn't gig it so it's barely been out of the house since I imported it. As such, there are no dings, scratches, no buckle rash, chips or any signs of it being anything other than new.

Here's what they say;

Fender's US Geddy Lee Jazz Bass takes three of Geddy's favorite instruments and fuses them into one hot-rodded model. Custom-voiced American Vintage '70s Geddy Lee pickups deliver fat low end and classic J Bass growl. The large profile maple neck has a hand-rubbed oil finish on the back, a 9.5" fretboard radius, and flashy white pearloid block inlays. A Geddy Lee High Mass bridge offers rock-solid tuning stability and intonation. The Fender US Geddy Lee Jazz Bass gives you best of Geddy's personal basses in a single bass that's ready rock.

One of the most important changes on the US Geddy Lee Jazz Bass is the addition of Fender custom-voiced American Vintage '70s Geddy Lee pickups. These pickups have been designed to sound just like Geddy's original 1972 Jazz Bass. Fender wound these pickups to give you the punch, mid-range, bass and output you know and love. Perfect for all styles of music, these pickups give you a fat low end, tons of thump, and that iconic Jazz Bass growl.

I can vouch for the growl and playability. Even if you're not a Geddy Lee fan and love jazz basses then this is an amazing bass. Custom shop quality IMHO.

I'm in Cheshire but will post or meet up withing 60 miles of Chester. Shipping will be pricey as it will have to be insured

Edited by vinorange
Sold