Why become a member? ×

Alternative to Alpha for Metric Push-Pull Pots

thegummy

Is anyone aware of another brand (than Alpha) of push-pull pots that fit import guitars (i.e. diameter of the bushing being under 8mm)?

Had a couple of Alpha ones go bad fairly quickly (although I've not really had problems with Alpha's normal pots) but any other brand I can find are the imperial size that are too big for my control plate.

I got some Gotoh ones once (I think it might have been from Axetec?) - they seemed to work OK but didn't "feel" very good (very light and with almost no resistance to turning).

EDIT: Sorry, just checked their website and it looks like it wasn't Axetec - not sure who it was then. I'll have a look through my spares boxes to see if I can find an old invoice.

Edited by darkandrew

Appreciate that mate.

Ideally I'd put in a couple of separate switches than a push pull but I only have space for one on the control plate and don't know that I could drill through it.

An option would be to get a custom plastic scratchplate that also covered the control capacity. Would kind of annoy me though cause I went to a lot of bother converting the schecter to have the metal control plate in the first place.

Is three such a thing as a unit with 2 switches but the size of one pot?

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1509090279' post='3396489']
Axesrus.co.uk sell the CTS push pulls nowadays, including a metric 8mm version. I would be surprised if they are not very good.
[/quote]

I had no idea CTS now do the metric sized pots - will be using these from now on.

Unfortunately, that site only has a SPST push-pull by CTS; is that all that's available?

[quote name='thegummy' timestamp='1509118921' post='3396820']
Unfortunately, that site only has a SPST push-pull by CTS; is that all that's available?
[/quote]
Didn't even notice that. A bit odd and, I agree, a bit restricting...

Not sure if CTS do DPDT or not....

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1509122099' post='3396855']
Didn't even notice that. A bit odd and, I agree, a bit restricting...

Not sure if CTS do DPDT or not....
[/quote]

Couldn't find any DPDT on my search.

Even the SPST one they do looks odd to me - instead of 3 lugs like one side of a DPDT it's just 2 lugs on the bottom - not sure how it would even work for anything.

Due to not finding any other brand, I've ordered an Alpha one - if that breaks then I think I'll go down the route of a custom plastic scratchplate that covers the pickguard and control cavity then I can drill a few holes for standalone switches.