Why become a member? Ɨ
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Now traded: Eden Metro 2x10 combo - sale or trade
Ā£350

tredders

I'm not gigging at the moment, and have just bought a Fender Bassman TV from here for my office, so this is sitting unused. Probably the best 2x10 combo I've ever used, but it's overkill for me right now. It's 300 watts @ 8 ohms, 550 watts @ 4 ohms, and 750 watts @ 2 ohms. These were Ā£1500 when new.

It's in very good condition - I got it about a year or so ago. Comes with the Eden footswitch for mute / channel swap. Has tube or solid state input channels, and is LOUD! It's pretty heavy but not unmanageable, and has recessed grab handles on the side. Obviously it all works as it should.

Details from Eden's website below:

[i][size=4][color=#231F20]The new DC210XLT is the answer to requests for our highly acclaimed World Tour and David Series in a combo format. Our goal in designing the Metro was to create a self-contained unit that sacrificed none of the performance of our separates. The Metro's dual channel preamplifier section gives you the choice of a tube or solid state preamp, with full footswitch control. Each channel includes an independent effects loop, with 500 watts into 4 Ohms (over 750 watts into 2 Ohms). The Metro truly outclasses any 210 combo on the market today. Standard features include, switchable automatic compression, 5-way semiparametric tone control and electronic crossover, independent channel effects loops, stereo aux input, headphone out, tuner mute on footswitch, internal speaker on/off, and -12dB pad. DC210XLT Metro Specs Power 8 ohm, 4 ohm, 2 ohm 300/500/750W RMS Distortion <.05% Frequency Response 48Hz - 14KHz Ā±2dB Speaker EC-1060XL Cast Frame Dimensions 23 inches w x 24 inches h x 18.5 inches d Weight 78 LBS[/color][/size][/i]

Manual is available here: [url="http://www.edenamps.com/assets/4012.058_dc210xltmetro-2006.pdf"]http://www.edenamps.com/assets/4012.058_dc210xltmetro-2006.pdf[/url]

Stock photo below, but I'll take some 'real' photos over the weekend (assuming the rain stops!).

\\\\\

Ā£350 collected from j.12 M40, or meet up Solihull way. Youā€™re welcome to arrange your own courier - Iā€™ll ensure itā€™s packed up well.

Trade wise - I've got nothing specific in mind, but try me with what you've got. I'm pretty open to any trades...

Any questions, please ask.

Edited by tredders

I absolutely love these combos. The best combo ever made in my opinion. I've gone for lighter weight or I'd be knocking on tour door! Set everything flat and play with the magic enhance knob and it's all you will ever need. Every bass player needs to try these at least once. GLWTS.

Cheers Dunc!

It really a nice bit of kit. As you say, I always just keep everything flat and just dial in whatever sound I want with the enhance knob. Very easy to sound good (even when your playing is as dodgy as mine!).

Forgot to say that Iā€™ll pack this up for shipping if someone wants to organise their own courier. I might also be able to meet halfway for a prospective buyer, as long as they donā€™t live in Scotland or Cornwall šŸ˜Š

Donā€™t be shy on the trade front either. Iā€™m a terrible gear and gadget whore so thereā€™s not much that I wouldnā€™t consider! I can also add Ā£Ā£Ā£ if someone came up with something interesting.

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1508552423' post='3392933']
I absolutely love these combos. The best combo ever made in my opinion. I've gone for lighter weight or I'd be knocking on tour door! Set everything flat and play with the magic enhance knob and it's all you will ever need. Every bass player needs to try these at least once. GLWTS.
[/quote]

+1

I had one for 4 years and gigged it regularly. The incredible versatility of the e.q. was so useful in different venues - I don't think I ever had a bad sound!

GLWTS

[quote name='jarox200' timestamp='1509121048' post='3396840']
Is it possible to sell to Poland?
[/quote]

I would think that the postage cost would be pretty high to Poland. However if youā€™re willing to arrange insured shipping, I can pack it up for transportation.

A fellow member (thanks Dunc) pointed out to me that the shipping may not be as expensive as I originally thought. They just shipped an Ampex 2x10 to the south of France for Ā£18 with this company:

https://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk

So, maybe check out the rates for Poland through these guys.

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1509134906' post='3396990']
I'm sort of sad it's gone! Kept on thinking about buying it. I loved mine... Someone is going to be happy though!
[/quote]

It's pretty much the complete combo, I reckon. I'll be sad to see it go, but it's just not getting used by me now.

Any hurry up and sell that Selmer Twin before I buy something I really really don't need :lol:

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1509139704' post='3397026']

It's pretty much the complete combo, I reckon. I'll be sad to see it go, but it's just not getting used by me now.

Any hurry up and sell that Selmer Twin before I buy something I really really don't need :lol:
[/quote]

I'm in a similar position. Money to spend but I don't need anything. I'm jangled with GAS!