Why become a member? ×

FOR TRADE Barefaced COMPACT GEN 1 15" for your MIDGET
£400

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Just tentatively enquiring. Looking to maybe trade my Gen 1 Compact 15" for a Midget. Have the compact n midget combo currently, but thinking the compact has too much bass for my needs thus thinking about 2x12's, specifically another midget to match up with my other one, which is a gen II I think. I've tried the midget on it's own and I think there's enough poke n bass from one to justify having a second, plus it would be a bit lighter and a neater stack on stage. Your thoughts on the two set up's would be appreciated. I'm running a Genz Benz Streamliner 900 and mainly play clean, modern tones.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Other's have suggested that the GB is very bassey, I was always under the impression that it was more clean n middy.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Straight swap if it comes off as I believe the value of both is approx the same[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Compact is in good nick.[/font][/color]

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' timestamp='1507910724' post='3388777']
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Your thoughts on the two set up's would be appreciated. I'm running a Genz Benz Streamliner 900 and mainly play clean, modern tones.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Other's have suggested that the GB is very bassey, I was always under the impression that it was more clean n middy.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

I've had a G1 Compact and a pair of G2 Midgets, all at the same time. Also had a GB Streamliner 900 then too.

My first choice would be the Compact/Midget pairing. I liked the bottom end better. The pair of Midgets is less full sounding but still VERY loud, if you need high volumes.

So yes, a pair of Midgets is excellent if you want a tiny rig but at a loss of tone for my taste. You might not agree with my preferences though.

The Streamliner is a great amp and I do think it has a massive low end. I usually had the bass knob at 10.00 o'clock, maybe even 9 o'clock in some rooms, with the Compact.

I rarely needed anything more than the Compact for most gigs. The pairing was just a luxury, but one I enjoyed. :)

Frank.

Thanks for your input Frank, I would trust your judgement regarding Barefaced. I didn't realise the GB was so Bassy, was always led to believe more mid sounding. The Compact N Midget is an awesome combo for sure, just thought I could get the same sound with a smaller footprint, maybe not. If I had the monies I'd buy another midget and A-B the differing set ups, maybe hold out and do that. Have a guy interested in a trade outside of Basschat, not 100% sure what way to go now. I do like the volume I have, like the tone too, sounds like I'll get the same volume with two midgets, maybe miss out on some of the oomph.....