Why become a member? ×

BBE Sonic Maximiser

shug

Having used them on bass in the past, they seem fairly pointless, especially if you are the kind of bassist who doesn't like tweeters or plays with a mid present tone. Of the two controls, one is the top end processor the other is [i]only[/i] a bass boost at 50hz. That's similar to the bass knob on an amp. They are great for full range material for sure, but that's a lot of hardware just to boost your low end on a bass.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1507466499' post='3385613'] Having used them on bass in the past, they seem fairly pointless, especially if you are the kind of bassist who doesn't like tweeters or plays with a mid present tone. Of the two controls, one is the top end processor the other is [i]only[/i] a bass boost at 50hz. That's similar to the bass knob on an amp. They are great for full range material for sure, but that's a lot of hardware just to boost your low end on a bass. Hope that helps. [/quote]
It does, and I AM that kind of bassist. Cheers, man, I think you may just have saved me £80. The Dood abides...
Shug

[quote name='shug' timestamp='1507475911' post='3385712']
It does, and I AM that kind of bassist. Cheers, man, I think you may just have saved me £80. The Dood abides...
Shug
[/quote]

Happy to help! :)

[quote name='shug' timestamp='1507470095' post='3385642']
Or, also on ebay,an Aphex Aural Exciter 104.
With Big Bottom.
Anybody?
[/quote]

The Apex is a different beast that uses compression techniques to add depth and low end. I'd say this is a better bet for bassists, but given your gear, I'd hope that the Demeter can 'do' enough that the Aphex wouldn't be needed. I suppose the question is, what is it you are hoping the two items would bring to the party?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1507486262' post='3385811']

The Apex is a different beast that uses compression techniques to add depth and low end. I'd say this is a better bet for bassists, but given your gear, I'd hope that the Demeter can 'do' enough that the Aphex wouldn't be needed. I suppose the question is, what is it you are hoping the two items would bring to the party?
[/quote][quote name='dood' timestamp='1507486262' post='3385811']

Presence! The Demeter has great tone but, like the Fender amp (Dual Showman?) that it's modelled on - I may be be mistaken here and confusing it with the Alembic F1X - doesn't always project as well as I'd like. Having said that, I've listened to a live recording of The Mighty Revelators this afternoon and the bass sounds just dandy so maybe I'll just forget it.
My experience is that, generally speaking, GAS is a sign that your playing's getting a bit stale and you need to practice...
[/quote]

I have the aphex bass xciter pedal.
Through my marshal mb150 combo is amazing,through my 15/6 fearful nothing exiting.
But,when i conect the piezo bridge to play (only piezo,no pickups) i boost all the bass and cut everything else..Oh man..you can hear the thunder roar..