Why become a member? ×

For Those Who Love To Gig

blue

I think there are a range of considerations here. I play about 3-4 gigs a month. I have had periods when it was nearer 10-12 but I didn't like the music and made a conscious decision to filter out the non-Jazz gigs with a few exceptions and it plummeted to really low levels before slowly building up again. If I wanted to go pro, I would have to fill up with gigs I wouldn't like to get anywhere near a living wage. I am not one of those guys that will play anything and only play music I like. Some guys can do anything and enjoy it. Good for them but it isn't something I can do.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1506797252' post='3381233']
I think there are a range of considerations here. I play about 3-4 gigs a month. I have had periods when it was nearer 10-12 but I didn't like the music and made a conscious decision to filter out the non-Jazz gigs with a few exceptions and it plummeted to really low levels before slowly building up again. If I wanted to go pro, I would have to fill up with gigs I wouldn't like to get anywhere near a living wage. I am not one of those guys that will play anything and only play music I like. Some guys can do anything and enjoy it. Good for them but it isn't something I can do.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not in this for what I like. If I was I would have no gigs at all.

As long as the musicians are good people honest, trustworthy and approach gigging with a professional attitude I'll play any genre.

Blue

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1506741980' post='3380810']
there are not many venues in my city that even have bands, let alone original ones to ever gig 4 times a week, even if we were a cover band
[/quote]

I think that's an issue for a lot of bands.

Blue