Why become a member? ×

FS: '71 Fender Precision factory fretless neck maple board **SOLD**
£450

Very rare first year of production (I believe) Fender Precision neck with factory fretless maple board. The letters 03 71 B are evident on the heel stamp but are very faint. Only other identification on the heel is the pencil squiggle apparent in a couple of the photos. The board is in very good condition with little sign of play wear; what's there is suggestive of either very light play with roundwounds, and/or almost exclusive play with flats. The board is true with no significant dead spots. There is some sign of wear to the underside of the treble side of the back of the neck where the playing hand makes most contact, but even this is minimal. The neck is equipped with a new set of Gotoh FB30 nickel tuners.

Bought from Maut on here about 18 months back (original listing here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/284868-1971-fender-precision-maple-fretless-neck-only/page__p__3056087__hl__precision%20fretless%20neck__fromsearch__1#entry3056087"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry3056087[/url] ), I've had it on an old 70's P/J but am having a bit of a clearout at present and this simply doesn't get played as often as my other two fretless basses. Please note that what look like string friction marks in the photo of the headstock/nut are is actually the grain, there is very little sign of play-wear anywhere on the neck.

[attachment=252736:IMG_3986.JPG][attachment=252737:IMG_3987.JPG][attachment=252738:IMG_3990.JPG][attachment=252739:IMG_3993.JPG][attachment=252740:IMG_3998.JPG]

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1504739492' post='3367050']
Wow! Worth buying if only for investment purposes..

I am skint however.
[/quote]

Indeed, and having just bought Jack's Demeter tube pre I am now also skint so would quite like this to sell. I'll let it go for £400 without the tuners.

Cheers

Chris