Why become a member? ×

Boss GT10B

KERMITNT

If you think the Zoom was complex then the GT10B will be on a par.
I have the GT6B and it took a while to get use to programming patches, storing them in logical locations but the hardest part is tweeking all the levels, eq's and such-like so as to keep it sounding musical. Prior to this I had only ever used a chorus pedal and that only lasted a couple of months.
I would rather look out for a good second-hand GT6B and save yourself over £200.

I also have a GT6-B. Its the mutts.

I wanted a single board with everything in it. relatively easy to program, ability to add effects over your patches with the dedicated pedals.

Never sound as good as expensive single pedals but that's pretty subjective. Plus its only one unit instead of many.

i love it.

i did love my gt6b, but i guess i just craved analog sound which is why i sold mine....but then bought a b2.1u to join my other effects a few months later :)...but now thats sold too and my board currently is 100% analog

id recommend you dont buy the gt10b unless theres a feature that you like about it over the gt6b. i cant imagine the quality of effects withh be that different. if you wanted the latest large multi effect, i would certainly look at the new Zoom b9.1ut or whatever its called, looks the mutts nuts

[quote name='Pixolito' post='322150' date='Nov 4 2008, 08:24 PM']I was gonna buy a Boss GT as I used to own a Boss SE-70 back in the day I recently purchased the Zoom B9 1ut and tbh I love it but then again everyone has their own taste /way of working hope this sheds some light on it for you , all the best . :)[/quote]
whats the zoom like? think your the first person i know who has one

[quote name='BassManKev' post='322160' date='Nov 4 2008, 08:34 PM']whats the zoom like? think your the first person i know who has one[/quote]
Its everything and a bucket of chips :huh: I took the cheap chinese valve out of her and stuck in a czech jj valve the only kiss off i found so far is the loopers a bit short for me but then again an akai headrush can sort that out :) good choice of different pre amp settings for straight up and down effects is great plus the 24 bit a/d d/a is good too, nice hybrid machine .Thing is I normally plug into the soundcard and play through guitar rig 3 and ableton for praccy at home now im just into the zoom and its hard to plug external audio in cos im noodling too much. lol.

does this one has a looper and how long ? zoom b9 i mean i liked the samples plus it has usb thats easy mate recording :)

I was thinking buy ebs pedal octaver and compresor for start cost the same as boss f!#!$@!#$ up

the problem is that i am so confused with effects..

Edited by KERMITNT

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='322218' date='Nov 4 2008, 09:19 PM']does this one has a looper and how long ? zoom b9 i mean i liked the samples plus it has usb thats easy mate recording :huh:

I was thinking buy ebs pedal octaver and compresor for start cost the same as boss f!#!$@!#$ up

the problem is that i am so confused with effects..[/quote]
Soz dude for the late reply aint been on much the looper is 5.4 seconds and u can layer it , if u need to do a comparison theres great info on the zoom site rather than me copy and paste the stats here. All the best .:)

[quote name='Pixolito' post='326088' date='Nov 10 2008, 07:12 PM']Soz dude for the late reply aint been on much the looper is 5.4 seconds and u can layer it , if u need to do a comparison theres great info on the zoom site rather than me copy and paste the stats here. All the best .:)[/quote]

thanks m8 for helping out..