Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD, Please remove: Fender 1966 Slab Project Replica Relic
£895

Rick's Fine '52

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Space needed, so time to shift some bits, and make way for a new project.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]This is the last Relic project I put together.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Replica tribute to a 1966 Fender Slab Precision.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]2 piece alder slab body Finished in nitro white blonde, with vein aged checking and authentic, sympathetic wear, no belt sander job here. Original template, router hump etc.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Neck is a new, genuine Fender maple-cap neck, this has also been aged, amber tinted, rolled fingerboard, frets dressed, these maple-cap necks are near impossible to find or have made for you. It has a period correct ’66 decal applied, and heel date (Note: The heel date will be removed and replaced with etched ‘REPLICA’ prior to sale. Handmade genuine aged bone nut. Looks every bit original.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Reproduction ‘F’ neckplate with ’66 date (May be replaced for sale)[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Seymour Duncan, Steve Harris pups in to a solder less wiring harness with PIO Russian caps, lots of growl.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Vintage style aged threaded bridge unit.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Black, white bevel 3ply pickguard[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Currently fitted with original 1966 tuners, but price includes genuine Fender reissue vintage style reverse klusons, with long stems, as I will retain the original set[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Aged chrome covers and thumbrest complete the look.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]No case, its currently in an original 66 black tolex case, that may be sold separately.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Prefer in-hand inspection, rather than shipping, but contact me by PM with any queries regarding that.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]All in all, an excellent replica bass, looks, feels, and sounds the part. Better than any others I’ve seen, and certainly more accurate. Pricing is not easy, as the parts alone add up to quite a bit, let alone the time spent in ageing it all. I know the price of Limelights, but this certainly isn’t one of those. I also know the price of Bravewoods, and it isn’t one of those either (they are excellent, although the replica he made many years ago didn’t have a maple-cap neck), so I figure a price in the middle of those two would be sensible, so that’s what I’ve done. Any comments on price, or sensible offers, drop me a PM.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]If it doesn’t sell, it’ll go in the loft for resurrection in another few years.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]PX wise?, not really looking for anything, and need space, but a first series export ’57 JV P would be a possible exception.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Can take more pics if necessary, just ask.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Calibri][size=4][font=Calibri]Get that 'Live at Leeds' look and feel, without the £25k price tag in fact for the price of a MIM!![/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Rick's Fine '52